Info about legacyMode cluster property

yaswanthcse
Can someone explain what are the implications when we change legacyMode=true on solr 8.2

We have migrated from solr 5.5 to solr 8.2 everything worked great but when we are trying to add a core to existing collection with core api create it’s asking to pass the coreNodeName or switch legacyMode to true. When we switched it worked fine . But we need to understand on what are the cons because seems like this is false by default from solr 7

Sent from my iPhone

Re: Info about legacyMode cluster property

yaswanthcse
Can someone help on the above question?

--
Thanks & Regards,
Yaswanth Kumar Konathala.

Re: Info about legacyMode cluster property

Erick Erickson
You should not be using the core api to do anything with cores in SolrCloud.

True, under the covers the collections API uses the core API to do its tricks,
but you have to use it in a very precise manner.

As for legacyMode, don’t use it, please. it’s not supported any more, has
been completely removed in 9x.

Best,
Erick