Is it possible to configure hdfs in a federation mode and in an HA mode in the same time?

Is it possible to configure hdfs in a federation mode and in an HA mode in the same time?

Alexandr Porunov
Hello all,

I don't understand if it possible to configure HDFS in both modes in the same time. Does it make sense? Can somebody show a simple configuration of HDFS in both modes? (nameNode1, nameNode2, nameNodeStandby1, nameNodeStandby2)

Sincerely,
Alexandr

Re: Is it possible to configure hdfs in a federation mode and in an HA mode in the same time?

Rakesh Radhakrishnan-2
Yes, it is possible is to enable HA mode and Automatic Failover in a federated namespace. Following are some of the quick references, I feel its worth reading these blogs to get more insight into this. I think, you can start prototyping a test cluster with this and post your queries to this forum if you face any issues while setting up, some of us will help you.

Alexandr

Re: Is it possible to configure hdfs in a federation mode and in an HA mode in the same time?

Alexandr Porunov
Hello Rakesh,
Thank you for your help. I will try to configure a cluster and will respond later about it.

Best regards,
Alexandr