Is metrics api enabled by default in solr 8.2

Is metrics api enabled by default in solr 8.2

yaswanthcse
Can I get some info on where to disable or enable metrics api on solr 8.2 ?

I believe its enabled by default on solr 8.2 , where can I check the
configurations? and also how can I disable if I want to disable it

--
Thanks & Regards,
Yaswanth Kumar Konathala.

Re: Is metrics api enabled by default in solr 8.2

Radu Gheorghe
Hi,

Yes, the API works by default on 8.2: https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/8_2/metrics-reporting.html

I don’t know of a way to disable it, but he configuration is described in the page above (i.e. on how to configure different reporters).

Best regards,
Radu
--
Sematext Cloud - Full Stack Observability - https://sematext.com
Solr and Elasticsearch Consulting, Training and Production Support

> On 14 Oct 2020, at 06:05, yaswanth kumar <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Can I get some info on where to disable or enable metrics api on solr 8.2 ?
>
> I believe its enabled by default on solr 8.2 , where can I check the
> configurations? and also how can I disable if I want to disable it
>
> --
> Thanks & Regards,
> Yaswanth Kumar Konathala.

Re: Is metrics api enabled by default in solr 8.2

Andrzej Białecki-2
SOLR-14914 (scheduled for 8.7) adds a boolean property (either by modifying solr.xml:/metrics element or via “metricsEnabled” system property) to almost completely turn off the metrics collection and processing. The “almost” part means that the instrumentation still remains in place, but the cost is reduced to empty method calls.