Is there limit on size of query string?

Fuad Efendi
Is there limit on size of query string?

Looks like I have exceptions when query string is higher than 400 characters
(average)

Thanks!

Re: Is there limit on size of query string?

Yonik Seeley-2-2
On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 11:48 AM, Fuad Efendi <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Is there limit on size of query string?
>
> Looks like I have exceptions when query string is higher than 400 characters
> (average)

This is most likely going to be a servlet container issue.
Are you using the bundled Jetty or something different?

-Yonik
http://www.lucidimagination.com

RE: Is there limit on size of query string?

Jennifer Luo
From my test, they query doesn't have limit. The maximum query length I
used is more than 1M.

However if you use Http Get, there is a length limit on querystring. You
can try to use HTTP POST, using ContentType
application/x-www-form-urlencoded

Jennifer Luo

Jérôme Charron
Hi,

I recently had the same problem.
The solution was to increase the maxHttpHeaderSize in tomcat server.xml file
and everything works fine now.

Best regards

Jérôme

--
Jérôme Charron
Directeur Technique @ WebPulse
http://www.shopreflex.com/
http://www.staragora.com/

RE: Is there limit on size of query string?

abhatnagar@vantage.com

Try using POST

Ankit