JDK 13 is now in the Release Candidate Phase

JDK 13 is now in the Release Candidate Phase

Rory O'Donnell Oracle, Dublin Ireland

Hi Uwe & Dawid,

Haven't heard from you in some time, any issues to report as we announce a Release Candidate ?

JDK 13 is now in the Release Candidate Phase

Per the JDK 13 schedule [1], we are now in the Release Candidate phase.
The stabilization repository, jdk/jdk13, is open for P1 bug fixes per the JDK Release Process (JEP 3) [2].
All changes require approval via the Fix-Request Process [3].

For more details, see Mark Reinhold's email to jdk-dev mailing list [4]

  • Milestone Schedule:
    • Initial RC Build 33 - Aug 9, 2019
    • GAC - Aug 22, 2019
    • GAR - Sept 5, 2019
    • GA - Sept 17, 2019

OpenJDK 13 build 33 is available at http://jdk.java.net/13/

OpenJDK 14 EA build 9 is now available at http://jdk.java.net/14

Project Panama Early-Access Builds

Regards,
Rory

[1] https://openjdk.java.net/projects/jdk/13/#Schedule
[2] https://openjdk.java.net/jeps/3
[3] https://openjdk.java.net/jeps/3#Fix-Request-Process
[4] https://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/jdk-dev/2019-August/003250.html
--
Rgds,Rory O'Donnell
Quality Engineering Manager
Oracle EMEA , Dublin, Ireland

RE: JDK 13 is now in the Release Candidate Phase

Uwe Schindler-2

Hi Rory,

sorry for the delay: I was on vacation and now back in office (but only this week). I updated Jenkins to use the JDK 13 RC build and the first run is already going on. I also installed JDK 14 ea+9, let’s see what it says.

Uwe

Haven't heard from you in some time, any issues to report as we announce a Release Candidate ?

JDK 13 is now in the Release Candidate Phase

Per the JDK 13 schedule [1], we are now in the Release Candidate phase.
The stabilization repository, jdk/jdk13, is open for P1 bug fixes per the JDK Release Process (JEP 3) [2].
All changes require approval via the Fix-Request Process [3].

For more details, see Mark Reinhold's email to jdk-dev mailing list [4]

  • Milestone Schedule:
    • Initial RC Build 33 - Aug 9, 2019
    • GAC - Aug 22, 2019
    • GAR - Sept 5, 2019
    • GA - Sept 17, 2019

OpenJDK 13 build 33 is available at http://jdk.java.net/13/

  • Release Notes
  • Bug fixes reported by Open Source Projects  :
    • JDK-8228764 - fixed in b32 -reported by Apache Tomcat

OpenJDK 14 EA build 9 is now available at http://jdk.java.net/14

  • JEPs targeted to JDK 14
    • JEP 352 - Non-Volatile Mapped Byte Buffers
    • JDK-8227170 - fixed in b8 -reported by Apache Ant
    • JDK-8228485 - fixed in b8 -reported by JaCoCo
    • JDK-8222791 - fixed in b7 -reported by Apache Lucene

Oracle EMEA , Dublin, Ireland