JSon

Chr. Grobmeier
Hello there,

i was browsing the incubator pages and found Tika.
I like this project, cause i am quite often in the need of parsing and
identifying
strings. However, i wrote some few classes for the representation of
a JSon-Format:
http://code.google.com/p/jjson/

At the moment i am currently implementing some kind of parser,
which transforms the json-string into json-objects.
I was wondering if this classes would fit erfectly in Tika, does it?
If not i will continue with google, otherwise i would like
to implement your parser interface and contribute this to tika.

Best,
Chris

Re: JSon

Jukka Zitting
Hi,

On 10/8/07, Chr. Grobmeier <[hidden email]> wrote:
> i was browsing the incubator pages and found Tika.
> I like this project, cause i am quite often in the need of parsing and
> identifying strings.

Welcome, and thanks for the interest!

> However, i wrote some few classes for the representation of
> a JSon-Format:
> http://code.google.com/p/jjson/
>
> At the moment i am currently implementing some kind of parser,
> which transforms the json-string into json-objects.
> I was wondering if this classes would fit erfectly in Tika, does it?

Tika will only transform source documents to text and related
metadata, not objects, so I don't think Tika is a direct match for
this use case.

> If not i will continue with google, otherwise i would like
> to implement your parser interface and contribute this to tika.

You might want to check out the Noggit lab at Apache Labs (see [1]).
Noggit is a streaming  JSON parser and serializer for Java, and
there's recently been some talk of perhaps incubating the project as
there seems to be broader interest to it. Contact [hidden email]
for more details.

[1] http://labs.apache.org/labs.html

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Re: JSon

Chr. Grobmeier
> > At the moment i am currently implementing some kind of parser,
> > which transforms the json-string into json-objects.
> > I was wondering if this classes would fit erfectly in Tika, does it?
>
> Tika will only transform source documents to text and related
> metadata, not objects, so I don't think Tika is a direct match for
> this use case.

Ok, understood- thanks for clarifying that.

> You might want to check out the Noggit lab at Apache Labs (see [1]).
> Noggit is a streaming  JSON parser and serializer for Java, and
> there's recently been some talk of perhaps incubating the project as
> there seems to be broader interest to it. Contact [hidden email]
> for more details.
>
> [1] http://labs.apache.org/labs.html

Thanks for this link- didn't know about this project before.
Best,
Chris.