Java Error

Jaya Ghosh
Hello,

As per my earlier mails I could not deploy Nutch on Linux . Now am
attempting the same using cygwin as per the tutorial by Peter Wang. Can
someone from the list help me resolving the attached error? Atleast on Linux
I could run the crawl.

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/hadoop/util/PlatformName

org.apache.hadoop.util.PlatformName

                at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native
Method)

                at
java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:188)

                at
sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:276)

                at
java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:319)

org/apache/nutch/crawl/Crawl

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.nutch.crawl.Crawl

                at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native
Method)

                at
java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:188)

                at
sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:276)

                at
java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:319)

Exception in thread "main"

Regards,

Jaya

RE: Java Error

Jaya Ghosh
Hello

Could someone respond to my request and help me out? Am Tech.writer so not
comfortable debugging errors.

Regards,

Jaya

  _____

Jaya

Re: Java Error

Tkach
I can't say for certain what's causing this (esp since I've never used
cygwin), but if it helps I can say that a missing class exception
usually means that there's a jar file that's not on the classpath used
for the application.  If you post more details about your setup such as
which version of Nutch you're using and which release (nightly
build/release from Nutch downloads page/built from source code), then
maybe someone can help more.