Javadoc wording in IndexWriter.addIndexesNoOptimize()

adb

Javadoc wording in IndexWriter.addIndexesNoOptimize()

adb
The Javadoc for this method has the following comment:

"This requires this index not be among those to be added, and the upper bound*
of those segment doc counts not exceed maxMergeDocs. "

What does the second part of that mean, which is especially confusing given that
MAX_MERGE_DOCS is deprecated.

Thanks
Antony

Re: Javadoc wording in IndexWriter.addIndexesNoOptimize()

Michael McCandless-2

IndexWriter.{set,get}MaxMergeDocs isn't deprecated, but it is a
convenience method for the corresponding calls on the MergePolicy.

Sorry, that javadoc is now false -- we decided that check (2nd point
in the javadoc) was overly pedantic so it was removed (this was
LUCENE-1254), but I forgot to fix that javadoc in 2.3.

This has already been fixed on the trunk so it'll be fixed in 2.4.

Sorry for the confusion,

Mike