Keynote Thumbnails?

Mike Patterson
Hi,

I'm working on a project that requires I extract information from Keynote
presentations. In addition to text, I also need to extract (or generate) an
image representation of each slide.

I understand that Tika accomplishes the text portion of this project today.
I'm curious however, given the familiarity with the keynote file format, if
anyone has any suggestions for extracting/generating larger thumbnail
images from these presentations (images the size of what is shown in
Apple's Preview application). I know so much as that keynote embeds a
thumbnail for the slides in the file, however from the documents I've
inspected, this thumbnail is way too small.

Mike

Re: Keynote Thumbnails?

Nick Burch-2
On Fri, 28 Jun 2013, Mike Patterson wrote:
> I understand that Tika accomplishes the text portion of this project
> today. I'm curious however, given the familiarity with the keynote file
> format, if anyone has any suggestions for extracting/generating larger
> thumbnail images from these presentations (images the size of what is
> shown in Apple's Preview application).

Alfresco has code to do just that, I'd suggest you take a look there:
http://svn.alfresco.com/repos/alfresco-open-mirror/alfresco/HEAD/root/projects/repository/source/java/org/alfresco/repo/content/transform/AppleIWorksContentTransformer.java

(The unit tests + unit test sample files might help you as well, but the
code's fairly straightforward)

Nick