List of recommendation engines with solr

Rohan
Hi All,

I would require list of recs engine which can be integrated with solr and also suggest best one out of this.

any comments would be appriciated!!

Thanks,
Rohan

Re: List of recommendation engines with solr

Gora Mohanty-3
On 12 March 2012 16:30, Rohan <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I would require list of recs engine which can be integrated with solr and
> also suggest best one out of this.
>
> any comments would be appriciated!!

What exactly do you mean by that? Why is integration with Solr
a requirement, and what do you expect to gain by such an integration?
"Best" also probably depends on the context of your requirements.

There are a variety of open-source recommendation engines.
If you are looking at something from Apache, and in Java, Mahout
might be a good choice.

Regards,
Gora

RE: List of recommendation engines with solr

Rohan

Hi Gora,

Thanks a lot for your valuable comments, really appreciated.

Yeah , You got me correctly I am exactly  looking for “Mahout” as I am  using Java as my business layer with Apache solr.

Thanks,

Rohan

On 12 March 2012 16:30, Rohan <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I would require list of recs engine which can be integrated with solr and
> also suggest best one out of this.
>
> any comments would be appriciated!!

What exactly do you mean by that? Why is integration with Solr
a requirement, and what do you expect to gain by such an integration?
"Best" also probably depends on the context of your requirements.

There are a variety of open-source recommendation engines.
If you are looking at something from Apache, and in Java, Mahout
might be a good choice.

Regards,
Gora

http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/List-of-recommendation-engines-with-solr-tp3818917p3819480.html

To unsubscribe from List of recommendation engines with solr, click here.
NAML

Infosys e-mail system.

Re: List of recommendation engines with solr

Paul Libbrecht-4

Just out of curiosity,

does Mahout qualify as a recommender-engine, or is it rather a library for it with (potentially open-source) recommenders built on it, with a more specific purpose?

The page:
        https://cwiki.apache.org/MAHOUT/powered-by-mahout.html
does not seem to list many open-source tools (or maybe some are?).

thanks in advance

Paul

http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>

Trev
Have you heard of NG Data with their product called Lily?

RE: List of recommendation engines with solr

Rohan

HI ,

Sorry , I have no idea  as I never worked on this .

Thanks,

Rohan

Have you heard of NG Data with their product called Lily?

http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/List-of-recommendation-engines-with-solr-tp3818917p3985922.html

To unsubscribe from List of recommendation engines with solr, click here.
NAML

Infosys e-mail system.

Re: List of recommendation engines with solr

Óscar Marín Miró
Hello Paul, Mahout is a machine learning [clustering & classification] and
recommendation library, with Hadoop linking.

So, the answer is yes, it qualifies as a recommender engine on itself (with
no other libs), scalable through Hadoop

On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 9:23 AM, Paul Libbrecht <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Just out of curiosity,
>
> does Mahout qualify as a recommender-engine, or is it rather a library for
> it with (potentially open-source) recommenders built on it, with a more
> specific purpose?
>
> The page:
>        https://cwiki.apache.org/MAHOUT/powered-by-mahout.html
> does not seem to list many open-source tools (or maybe some are?).
>
> thanks in advance
>
> Paul
>
> Le 13 mars 2012 à 05:07, Rohan a écrit :
>
> > Hi Gora,
> >
> > Thanks a lot for your valuable comments, really appreciated.
> > Yeah , You got me correctly I am exactly  looking for "Mahout" as I am
>  using Java as my business layer with Apache solr.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Rohan

Whether it's science, technology, personal experience, true love,
astrology, or gut feelings, each of us has confidence in something that we
will never fully comprehend.
 --Roy H. William