LogMergePolicy.setUseCompoundFile/DocStore

LogMergePolicy.setUseCompoundFile/DocStore

Shai Erera
Hi

I find it very annoying that I need to set true/false on these methods whenever I want to control compound files creation. Is it really necessary to allow writing doc stores in non compound files vs. the other index files in a compound file? Does somebody know if this feature is used somewhere?

If it's crucial to keep the two methods, then how about introducing a setCompoundMode(true/false) to turn on/off both at once? IndexWriter used to have it, before we switched to IndexWriterConfig and I think it was very useful.

Shai

Re: LogMergePolicy.setUseCompoundFile/DocStore

Earwin Burrfoot
Incoming LUCENE-2814 drops setUseCompoundDocStore()

--
Kirill Zakharenko/Кирилл Захаренко ([hidden email])
Phone: +7 (495) 683-567-4

Re: LogMergePolicy.setUseCompoundFile/DocStore

Shai Erera
Ok perfect !

Shai