Lots of failures lately for lucene.index.TestBackwardsCompatability.testAllVersionsTested

Lots of failures lately for lucene.index.TestBackwardsCompatability.testAllVersionsTested

Erick Erickson
Unfortunately the seed doesn’t reproduce, and I tried beasting it without getting any fails in 700 iterations (and counting).

Here’s one example, I see three others in the last couple of hours.

I’ve done zero investigation into where these are coming from, but I did notice there started being a lot of them starting 2-3 (?) days ago.

Build: https://jenkins.thetaphi.de/job/Lucene-Solr-8.x-Windows/1134/
Java: 64bit/jdk-11.0.6 -XX:+UseCompressedOops -XX:+UseParallelGC

6 tests failed.
FAILED:  org.apache.lucene.index.TestBackwardsCompatibility.testAllVersionsTested

Re: Lots of failures lately for lucene.index.TestBackwardsCompatability.testAllVersionsTested

Simon Willnauer-4
I thinks it’s fixed now. The 7.7.3 version was missing.

Simon

> On 16. May 2020, at 22:45, Erick Erickson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Unfortunately the seed doesn’t reproduce, and I tried beasting it without getting any fails in 700 iterations (and counting).
>
> Here’s one example, I see three others in the last couple of hours.
>
> I’ve done zero investigation into where these are coming from, but I did notice there started being a lot of them starting 2-3 (?) days ago.
>
> Build: https://jenkins.thetaphi.de/job/Lucene-Solr-8.x-Windows/1134/
> Java: 64bit/jdk-11.0.6 -XX:+UseCompressedOops -XX:+UseParallelGC
>
> 6 tests failed.
> FAILED:  org.apache.lucene.index.TestBackwardsCompatibility.testAllVersionsTested

Re: Lots of failures lately for lucene.index.TestBackwardsCompatability.testAllVersionsTested

Erick Erickson
OK, I’ll give it a rest until tomorrow and look again, thanks!