Lucene-3.0.0 web demo problem

brian li
Hi,

I was checking out Lucene-3.0.0, and bumped into one little problem.

I followed the steps in http://lucene.apache.org/java/3_0_0/demo3.html
to run the basic web demo of lucene. Then I got an error message that
in result.jsp QueryParser(String, Analyzer) was undefined. I went to
the source code in org.apache.lucene.queryparser.QueryParser and found
that QueryParser had only one public constructor which was
QueryParser(Version matchVersion, String f, Analyzer a). I changed the
function parameters in the call in result.jsp accordingly and it
worked.

I am not quite sure who can change the web demo code, so I just post
it here. Just think newbie like me can enjoy one less bump trying
this.

Regards,
Brian

Re: Lucene-3.0.0 web demo problem

Robert Muir
thanks for reporting this, i opened a jira issue at

Robert Muir

Re: Lucene-3.0.0 web demo problem

brian li
Thanks. And now I know where to go if there are more issues :)