[Lucene] Add javadoc for Lucene86PointsFormat class

[Lucene] Add javadoc for Lucene86PointsFormat class

陆徐刚
Hi,

I would like to add javadoc for Lucene86PointsFormat class,  it is really helpful for source reader to understand the data structure with point value

The attachment list part of the data structure (filled with color means it has sub data structure)

Re: [Lucene] Add javadoc for Lucene86PointsFormat class

David Smiley
Fantastic contribution!

I don't think we have images in our javadocs, but if you can prove me wrong then great!  We could link to it from javadocs and host it at the Confluence based wiki here: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/LUCENE/Home

~ David Smiley
Apache Lucene/Solr Search Developer

On Wed, Oct 28, 2020 at 11:39 AM LuXugang <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I would like to add javadoc for Lucene86PointsFormat class,  it is really helpful for source reader to understand the data structure with point value

The attachment list part of the data structure (filled with color means it has sub data structure)

Re: [Lucene] Add javadoc for Lucene86PointsFormat class

陆徐刚
Thanks David, add link in javadocs is great, got it ~

On Oct 30, 2020, at 12:45 PM, David Smiley <[hidden email]> wrote:

Fantastic contribution!

I don't think we have images in our javadocs, but if you can prove me wrong then great!  We could link to it from javadocs and host it at the Confluence based wiki here: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/LUCENE/Home

~ David Smiley
Apache Lucene/Solr Search Developer

On Wed, Oct 28, 2020 at 11:39 AM LuXugang <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I would like to add javadoc for Lucene86PointsFormat class,  it is really helpful for source reader to understand the data structure with point value

The attachment list part of the data structure (filled with color means it has sub data structure)<1.png>

Re: [Lucene] Add javadoc for Lucene86PointsFormat class

陆徐刚
Hi,

I just wrote an article about point-value data structure for the Lucene86PointsFormat class. Link: https://www.amazingkoala.com.cn/Lucene_Document/IndexFile/2020/1104/175.html

I hope it helps to read the source code about point’s data structure

On Oct 30, 2020, at 4:57 PM, LuXugang <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Hi, David

Here the link on my personal website to introduce index file .kdd&.kdi&kdm:https://www.amazingkoala.com.cn/Lucene_Document/IndexFile/2020/1104/175.html

If it’s ok, I would like to rewrite it on  https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/LUCENE/Home, but I have no permission to edit.

Actually, I have wrote some other articles to introduce Lucene but with Chinese, so if it is needed, I would like to write more in English.

2020年10月30日 16:57,LuXugang <[hidden email]> 写道:

[...]

My userId is  luxugang

On Dec 23, 2020, at 21:31, David Smiley <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

发自我的iPhone

在 2020年12月28日,21:43,David Smiley <[hidden email]> 写道:

You now have access.  Sorry for the delay!

~ David Smiley
Apache Lucene/Solr Search Developer

On Wed, Dec 23, 2020 at 8:44 PM LuXugang <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thanks David

My userId is  luxugang

<1.png>