Lucene Index dump into Solr Index folder

Lucene Index dump into Solr Index folder

Allahbaksh Mohammedali Asadullah
Hi All,
I have a large Lucene Index. I want to dump it inot solr and search. I tried doing this in following way but I was unsuccessful. Can any one let me know what is proper way to do the it.

            I copied index created by lucene 2.4.1 into apache-solr-1.3.0/example/solr/data/index folder and started the jetty server.
When I search I am not able to get any results.

When I index using default post.jar it is fine.

In short how can plugin index generated by me into Solr.

Regards,
Allahbaksh

Infosys e-mail system.

Re: Lucene Index dump into Solr Index folder

Grant Ingersoll-2
You need to create a schema.xml for your index that describes the
index, etc.  The example schema in Solr likely does not fit your
needs.  I'd also suggest asking on solr-user, as you may get more info
there.

-Grant
On Mar 31, 2009, at 12:47 AM, Allahbaksh Mohammedali Asadullah wrote:

> Hi All,
> I have a large Lucene Index. I want to dump it inot solr and search.
> I tried doing this in following way but I was unsuccessful. Can any
> one let me know what is proper way to do the it.
>
>            I copied index created by lucene 2.4.1 into apache-
> solr-1.3.0/example/solr/data/index folder and started the jetty
> server.
> When I search I am not able to get any results.
>
> When I index using default post.jar it is fine.
>
> In short how can plugin index generated by me into Solr.
>
> Regards,
> Allahbaksh

> This e-mail contains PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION
> intended solely
> for the use of the addressee(s). If you are not the intended
> recipient, please
> notify the sender by e-mail and delete the original message.
> Further, you are not
> to copy, disclose, or distribute this e-mail or its contents to any
> other person and
> any such actions are unlawful. This e-mail may contain viruses.
> Infosys has taken
> every reasonable precaution to minimize this risk, but is not liable
> for any damage
> you may sustain as a result of any virus in this e-mail. You should
> carry out your
> own virus checks before opening the e-mail or attachment. Infosys
> reserves the
> right to monitor and review the content of all messages sent to or
> from this e-mail
> address. Messages sent to or from this e-mail address may be stored
> on the
> Infosys e-mail system.

Grant Ingersoll
http://www.lucidimagination.com/