Lucene / Solr 4.6.1

Mark Miller-3
This has kind of taken a while :) There were a bunch of ugly bugs that have surfaced and a lot of back porting to do, and the holidays, etc…

Anyway, over the past couple days, I’ve heard grumblings asking where 4.6.1 is…

Well, I have some back ports to finish and I know Simon has said he will take a look at any further Lucene back ports that need to be done.

So, I’m going to push some back ports on Sunday and hopefully we will be ready to RC early next week.

If anyone wants to help back port some bugs, that would be awesome, otherwise I have a few ugly ones in mind I plan on finishing up.

Thanks,

- Mark

Re: Lucene / Solr 4.6.1

Simon Willnauer-4
Adrien and I already looked and I ported some stuff last night. I set
up test runs for 4.6.1 here:

http://builds.flonkings.com/job/Lucene-4.6.1-Linux-Java6-64-test-only/

@mark maybe you can share the issues / commits so people can jump in?
am I right that you will be the RM for 4.6.1?

simon

On Fri, Jan 10, 2014 at 3:13 PM, Mark Miller <[hidden email]> wrote:

> This has kind of taken a while :) There were a bunch of ugly bugs that have surfaced and a lot of back porting to do, and the holidays, etc…
>
> Anyway, over the past couple days, I’ve heard grumblings asking where 4.6.1 is…
>
> Well, I have some back ports to finish and I know Simon has said he will take a look at any further Lucene back ports that need to be done.
>
> So, I’m going to push some back ports on Sunday and hopefully we will be ready to RC early next week.
>
> If anyone wants to help back port some bugs, that would be awesome, otherwise I have a few ugly ones in mind I plan on finishing up.
>
> Thanks,
>
> - Mark

Re: Lucene / Solr 4.6.1

Simon Willnauer-4
Mark what is the status of this?

On Fri, Jan 10, 2014 at 3:31 PM, Simon Willnauer
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Adrien and I already looked and I ported some stuff last night. I set
> up test runs for 4.6.1 here:
>
> http://builds.flonkings.com/job/Lucene-4.6.1-Linux-Java6-64-test-only/
>
> @mark maybe you can share the issues / commits so people can jump in?
> am I right that you will be the RM for 4.6.1?
>
> simon
>
> On Fri, Jan 10, 2014 at 3:13 PM, Mark Miller <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> This has kind of taken a while :) There were a bunch of ugly bugs that have surfaced and a lot of back porting to do, and the holidays, etc…
>>
>> Anyway, over the past couple days, I’ve heard grumblings asking where 4.6.1 is…
>>
>> Well, I have some back ports to finish and I know Simon has said he will take a look at any further Lucene back ports that need to be done.
>>
>> So, I’m going to push some back ports on Sunday and hopefully we will be ready to RC early next week.
>>
>> If anyone wants to help back port some bugs, that would be awesome, otherwise I have a few ugly ones in mind I plan on finishing up.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> - Mark

Re: Lucene / Solr 4.6.1

Mark Miller-3
There is ongoing work to figure out a critical bug in SOLR-4260.

- Mark

On Jan 14, 2014, at 10:42 AM, Simon Willnauer <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Mark what is the status of this?
>
> On Fri, Jan 10, 2014 at 3:31 PM, Simon Willnauer
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Adrien and I already looked and I ported some stuff last night. I set
>> up test runs for 4.6.1 here:
>>
>> http://builds.flonkings.com/job/Lucene-4.6.1-Linux-Java6-64-test-only/
>>
>> @mark maybe you can share the issues / commits so people can jump in?
>> am I right that you will be the RM for 4.6.1?
>>
>> simon
>>
>> On Fri, Jan 10, 2014 at 3:13 PM, Mark Miller <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> This has kind of taken a while :) There were a bunch of ugly bugs that have surfaced and a lot of back porting to do, and the holidays, etc…
>>>
>>> Anyway, over the past couple days, I’ve heard grumblings asking where 4.6.1 is…
>>>
>>> Well, I have some back ports to finish and I know Simon has said he will take a look at any further Lucene back ports that need to be done.
>>>
>>> So, I’m going to push some back ports on Sunday and hopefully we will be ready to RC early next week.
>>>
>>> If anyone wants to help back port some bugs, that would be awesome, otherwise I have a few ugly ones in mind I plan on finishing up.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> - Mark

Re: Lucene / Solr 4.6.1

Mark Miller-3
Unless there is an objection, I’m going to try and make a first RC tonight.

- Mark

Re: Lucene / Solr 4.6.1

Simon Willnauer-4
+1

On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 8:02 PM, Mark Miller <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Unless there is an objection, I’m going to try and make a first RC tonight.
>
> - Mark

Re: Lucene / Solr 4.6.1

Mark Miller-3
Whoops - just built this rc with ant 1.9.2 and smoke tester still wants just 1.8. I'll start another build tonight and send the vote thread in the morning.

- Mark

On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 3:14 PM, Simon Willnauer <[hidden email]> wrote:
+1

On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 8:02 PM, Mark Miller <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Unless there is an objection, I’m going to try and make a first RC tonight.
>
> - Mark

- Mark

Re: Lucene / Solr 4.6.1

Simon Willnauer-4
mark, we may wait for
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-5401 to be committed and
merged?

simon

On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 7:34 AM, Mark Miller <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Whoops - just built this rc with ant 1.9.2 and smoke tester still wants just
> 1.8. I'll start another build tonight and send the vote thread in the
> morning.
>
> - Mark
>

> On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 3:14 PM, Simon Willnauer <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> +1
>>
>> On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 8:02 PM, Mark Miller <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>> > Unless there is an objection, I’m going to try and make a first RC
>> > tonight.
>> >
>> > - Mark

> - Mark

Re: Lucene / Solr 4.6.1

Simon Willnauer-4
seems like we are good to go....

simon

On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 1:59 PM, Simon Willnauer
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> mark, we may wait for
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-5401 to be committed and
> merged?
>
> simon
>
> On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 7:34 AM, Mark Miller <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Whoops - just built this rc with ant 1.9.2 and smoke tester still wants just
>> 1.8. I'll start another build tonight and send the vote thread in the
>> morning.
>>
>> - Mark
>>

>> On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 3:14 PM, Simon Willnauer <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> +1

>> --
>> - Mark

Re: Lucene / Solr 4.6.1

Michael Busch
Yes, I committed LUCENE-5401. Thanks for waiting!