Lucene/Solr 8.2.0

12

Lucene/Solr 8.2.0

Ignacio Vera
Hi all,

8.1 has been released on May 16th and we have new features, enhancements and fixes that are not released yet so I'd like to start thinking in releasing Lucene/Solr 8.2.0.

I can create the 8.2 branch in two weeks time (around July 10th) and build the first RC by the end of that week if that works for everyone. Please let me know if there are bug fixes that needs to be fixed in 8.2 and might not be ready by then.

Cheers,

Ignacio

Re: Lucene/Solr 8.2.0

Nicholas Knize
+1 for starting the 8.2 release process. I think it would be good to get the LUCENE-8632 feature into 8.2 along with the BKD improvements and changes in LUCENE-8888 and LUCENE-8896

Nicholas Knize, Ph.D., GISP
Geospatial Software Guy  |  Elasticsearch
Apache Lucene PMC Member and Committer
[hidden email]

On Wed, Jun 26, 2019 at 9:34 AM Ignacio Vera <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

8.1 has been released on May 16th and we have new features, enhancements and fixes that are not released yet so I'd like to start thinking in releasing Lucene/Solr 8.2.0.

I can create the 8.2 branch in two weeks time (around July 10th) and build the first RC by the end of that week if that works for everyone. Please let me know if there are bug fixes that needs to be fixed in 8.2 and might not be ready by then.

Cheers,

Ignacio

Ignacio

Re: Lucene/Solr 8.2.0

Ignacio Vera
Hi,

All the issues listed above has been already committed and I see no blockers for release 8.2. I will cut the branch tomorrow around 10am CEST and I will wait for the decision on the bug release 8.1.2 to schedule the build of the first release candidate. Please let us know if this is troublesome for you.

Thanks,

Ignacio

On Tue, Jul 2, 2019 at 2:59 AM Joel Bernstein <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Ignacio

Re: Lucene/Solr 8.2.0

Tomoko Uchida
Hi,
I opened a blocker issue a while ago for release 8.2:

Sorry about that, I noticed the backwards incompatibility we have to
deal with today. If there are no objections, I will revert the all
related commits from the branch_8x and 8_2 in a few days.

Thanks,
Tomoko

2019年7月10日(水) 22:02 Ignacio Vera <[hidden email]>:

> Hi,
>
> All the issues listed above has been already committed and I see no blockers for release 8.2. I will cut the branch tomorrow around 10am CEST and I will wait for the decision on the bug release 8.1.2 to schedule the build of the first release candidate. Please let us know if this is troublesome for you.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ignacio
>

> On Tue, Jul 2, 2019 at 2:59 AM Joel Bernstein <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I've got one issue that I'd like to get in (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-13589), which I should have wrapped up in a day or two. +1 for around July 10th.
>>
>> On Mon, Jul 1, 2019 at 5:14 PM Nicholas Knize <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> +1 for starting the 8.2 release process. I think it would be good to get the LUCENE-8632 feature into 8.2 along with the BKD improvements and changes in LUCENE-8888 and LUCENE-8896
>>>
>>> Nicholas Knize, Ph.D., GISP
>>> Geospatial Software Guy  |  Elasticsearch
>>> Apache Lucene PMC Member and Committer
>>> [hidden email]

Re: Lucene/Solr 8.2.0

caomanhdat
Hi Ignacio,

8.1.2 bugfix release will cancelled. You can go ahead with 8.2 release.

Thanks!

On Wed, 10 Jul 2019 at 20:38, Tomoko Uchida <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,
I opened a blocker issue a while ago for release 8.2:

Sorry about that, I noticed the backwards incompatibility we have to
deal with today. If there are no objections, I will revert the all
related commits from the branch_8x and 8_2 in a few days.

Thanks,
Tomoko

2019年7月10日(水) 22:02 Ignacio Vera <[hidden email]>:

> Hi,
>
> All the issues listed above has been already committed and I see no blockers for release 8.2. I will cut the branch tomorrow around 10am CEST and I will wait for the decision on the bug release 8.1.2 to schedule the build of the first release candidate. Please let us know if this is troublesome for you.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ignacio
>

> On Tue, Jul 2, 2019 at 2:59 AM Joel Bernstein <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I've got one issue that I'd like to get in (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-13589), which I should have wrapped up in a day or two. +1 for around July 10th.
>>
>> On Mon, Jul 1, 2019 at 5:14 PM Nicholas Knize <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> +1 for starting the 8.2 release process. I think it would be good to get the LUCENE-8632 feature into 8.2 along with the BKD improvements and changes in LUCENE-8888 and LUCENE-8896
>>>
>>> Nicholas Knize, Ph.D., GISP
>>> Geospatial Software Guy  |  Elasticsearch
>>> Apache Lucene PMC Member and Committer
>>> [hidden email]

Best regards,
Cao Mạnh Đạt

Re: Lucene/Solr 8.2.0

Ignacio Vera
Thanks Tomoko for taking care of that.

On Wed, Jul 10, 2019 at 4:03 PM Đạt Cao Mạnh <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Ignacio,

8.1.2 bugfix release will cancelled. You can go ahead with 8.2 release.

Thanks!

On Wed, 10 Jul 2019 at 20:38, Tomoko Uchida <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,
I opened a blocker issue a while ago for release 8.2:

Sorry about that, I noticed the backwards incompatibility we have to
deal with today. If there are no objections, I will revert the all
related commits from the branch_8x and 8_2 in a few days.

Thanks,
Tomoko

2019年7月10日(水) 22:02 Ignacio Vera <[hidden email]>:

> Hi,
>
> All the issues listed above has been already committed and I see no blockers for release 8.2. I will cut the branch tomorrow around 10am CEST and I will wait for the decision on the bug release 8.1.2 to schedule the build of the first release candidate. Please let us know if this is troublesome for you.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ignacio
>

> On Tue, Jul 2, 2019 at 2:59 AM Joel Bernstein <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I've got one issue that I'd like to get in (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-13589), which I should have wrapped up in a day or two. +1 for around July 10th.
>>
>> On Mon, Jul 1, 2019 at 5:14 PM Nicholas Knize <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> +1 for starting the 8.2 release process. I think it would be good to get the LUCENE-8632 feature into 8.2 along with the BKD improvements and changes in LUCENE-8888 and LUCENE-8896
>>>
>>> Nicholas Knize, Ph.D., GISP
>>> Geospatial Software Guy  |  Elasticsearch
>>> Apache Lucene PMC Member and Committer
>>> [hidden email]

Best regards,
Cao Mạnh Đạt

Re: Lucene/Solr 8.2.0

david.w.smiley@gmail.com
BTW for 8.2.0 I updated Solr's CHANGES.txt to split out issues that seemed to be Improvements that were not really New Features.

~ David Smiley
Apache Lucene/Solr Search Developer

On Wed, Jul 10, 2019 at 10:38 AM Ignacio Vera <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thanks Tomoko for taking care of that.

On Wed, Jul 10, 2019 at 4:03 PM Đạt Cao Mạnh <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Ignacio,

8.1.2 bugfix release will cancelled. You can go ahead with 8.2 release.

Thanks!

On Wed, 10 Jul 2019 at 20:38, Tomoko Uchida <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,
I opened a blocker issue a while ago for release 8.2:

Sorry about that, I noticed the backwards incompatibility we have to
deal with today. If there are no objections, I will revert the all
related commits from the branch_8x and 8_2 in a few days.

Thanks,
Tomoko

2019年7月10日(水) 22:02 Ignacio Vera <[hidden email]>:

> Hi,
>
> All the issues listed above has been already committed and I see no blockers for release 8.2. I will cut the branch tomorrow around 10am CEST and I will wait for the decision on the bug release 8.1.2 to schedule the build of the first release candidate. Please let us know if this is troublesome for you.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ignacio
>

> On Tue, Jul 2, 2019 at 2:59 AM Joel Bernstein <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I've got one issue that I'd like to get in (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-13589), which I should have wrapped up in a day or two. +1 for around July 10th.
>>
>> On Mon, Jul 1, 2019 at 5:14 PM Nicholas Knize <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> +1 for starting the 8.2 release process. I think it would be good to get the LUCENE-8632 feature into 8.2 along with the BKD improvements and changes in LUCENE-8888 and LUCENE-8896
>>>
>>> Nicholas Knize, Ph.D., GISP
>>> Geospatial Software Guy  |  Elasticsearch
>>> Apache Lucene PMC Member and Committer
>>> [hidden email]

Best regards,
Cao Mạnh Đạt

Re: Lucene/Solr 8.2.0

Ignacio Vera
Hi,

The branch has been created, As a reminder, this branch is on feature freeze and only documentation or build patches should be committed. I will be waiting for LUCENE-8907 to start building the first release candidate.
Let me know if there is any other blocker before we can start the release process.

It seems I do not have the permissions to create the Jenkins jobs for this branch, maybe Steve can help here?

Thanks,

Ignacio

On Thu, Jul 11, 2019 at 4:51 AM David Smiley <[hidden email]> wrote:
BTW for 8.2.0 I updated Solr's CHANGES.txt to split out issues that seemed to be Improvements that were not really New Features.

~ David Smiley
Apache Lucene/Solr Search Developer

On Wed, Jul 10, 2019 at 10:38 AM Ignacio Vera <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thanks Tomoko for taking care of that.

On Wed, Jul 10, 2019 at 4:03 PM Đạt Cao Mạnh <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Ignacio,

8.1.2 bugfix release will cancelled. You can go ahead with 8.2 release.

Thanks!

On Wed, 10 Jul 2019 at 20:38, Tomoko Uchida <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,
I opened a blocker issue a while ago for release 8.2:

Sorry about that, I noticed the backwards incompatibility we have to
deal with today. If there are no objections, I will revert the all
related commits from the branch_8x and 8_2 in a few days.

Thanks,
Tomoko

2019年7月10日(水) 22:02 Ignacio Vera <[hidden email]>:

> Hi,
>
> All the issues listed above has been already committed and I see no blockers for release 8.2. I will cut the branch tomorrow around 10am CEST and I will wait for the decision on the bug release 8.1.2 to schedule the build of the first release candidate. Please let us know if this is troublesome for you.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ignacio
>

> On Tue, Jul 2, 2019 at 2:59 AM Joel Bernstein <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I've got one issue that I'd like to get in (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-13589), which I should have wrapped up in a day or two. +1 for around July 10th.
>>
>> On Mon, Jul 1, 2019 at 5:14 PM Nicholas Knize <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> +1 for starting the 8.2 release process. I think it would be good to get the LUCENE-8632 feature into 8.2 along with the BKD improvements and changes in LUCENE-8888 and LUCENE-8896
>>>
>>> Nicholas Knize, Ph.D., GISP
>>> Geospatial Software Guy  |  Elasticsearch
>>> Apache Lucene PMC Member and Committer
>>> [hidden email]

Best regards,
Cao Mạnh Đạt

Re: Lucene/Solr 8.2.0

Ignacio Vera
In addition I could add a new Jira version for Solr:

On Thu, Jul 11, 2019 at 1:04 PM Ignacio Vera <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

The branch has been created, As a reminder, this branch is on feature freeze and only documentation or build patches should be committed. I will be waiting for LUCENE-8907 to start building the first release candidate.
Let me know if there is any other blocker before we can start the release process.

It seems I do not have the permissions to create the Jenkins jobs for this branch, maybe Steve can help here?

Thanks,

Ignacio

On Thu, Jul 11, 2019 at 4:51 AM David Smiley <[hidden email]> wrote:
BTW for 8.2.0 I updated Solr's CHANGES.txt to split out issues that seemed to be Improvements that were not really New Features.

~ David Smiley
Apache Lucene/Solr Search Developer

On Wed, Jul 10, 2019 at 10:38 AM Ignacio Vera <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thanks Tomoko for taking care of that.

On Wed, Jul 10, 2019 at 4:03 PM Đạt Cao Mạnh <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Ignacio,

8.1.2 bugfix release will cancelled. You can go ahead with 8.2 release.

Thanks!

On Wed, 10 Jul 2019 at 20:38, Tomoko Uchida <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,
I opened a blocker issue a while ago for release 8.2:

Sorry about that, I noticed the backwards incompatibility we have to
deal with today. If there are no objections, I will revert the all
related commits from the branch_8x and 8_2 in a few days.

Thanks,
Tomoko

2019年7月10日(水) 22:02 Ignacio Vera <[hidden email]>:

> Hi,
>
> All the issues listed above has been already committed and I see no blockers for release 8.2. I will cut the branch tomorrow around 10am CEST and I will wait for the decision on the bug release 8.1.2 to schedule the build of the first release candidate. Please let us know if this is troublesome for you.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ignacio
>

> On Tue, Jul 2, 2019 at 2:59 AM Joel Bernstein <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I've got one issue that I'd like to get in (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-13589), which I should have wrapped up in a day or two. +1 for around July 10th.
>>
>> On Mon, Jul 1, 2019 at 5:14 PM Nicholas Knize <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> +1 for starting the 8.2 release process. I think it would be good to get the LUCENE-8632 feature into 8.2 along with the BKD improvements and changes in LUCENE-8888 and LUCENE-8896
>>>
>>> Nicholas Knize, Ph.D., GISP
>>> Geospatial Software Guy  |  Elasticsearch
>>> Apache Lucene PMC Member and Committer
>>> [hidden email]

Best regards,
Cao Mạnh Đạt

Re: Lucene/Solr 8.2.0

Cassandra Targett
I fixed it, I think - you needed to be added to the PMC group for the LUCENE project. Please try it again.

Cassandra
On Jul 11, 2019, 6:21 AM -0500, Ignacio Vera <[hidden email]>, wrote:
In addition I could add a new Jira version for Solr:

On Thu, Jul 11, 2019 at 1:04 PM Ignacio Vera <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

The branch has been created, As a reminder, this branch is on feature freeze and only documentation or build patches should be committed. I will be waiting for LUCENE-8907 to start building the first release candidate.
Let me know if there is any other blocker before we can start the release process.

It seems I do not have the permissions to create the Jenkins jobs for this branch, maybe Steve can help here?

Thanks,

Ignacio

On Thu, Jul 11, 2019 at 4:51 AM David Smiley <[hidden email]> wrote:
BTW for 8.2.0 I updated Solr's CHANGES.txt to split out issues that seemed to be Improvements that were not really New Features.

~ David Smiley
Apache Lucene/Solr Search Developer

On Wed, Jul 10, 2019 at 10:38 AM Ignacio Vera <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thanks Tomoko for taking care of that.

On Wed, Jul 10, 2019 at 4:03 PM Đạt Cao Mạnh <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Ignacio,

8.1.2 bugfix release will cancelled. You can go ahead with 8.2 release.

Thanks!

On Wed, 10 Jul 2019 at 20:38, Tomoko Uchida <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,
I opened a blocker issue a while ago for release 8.2:

Sorry about that, I noticed the backwards incompatibility we have to
deal with today. If there are no objections, I will revert the all
related commits from the branch_8x and 8_2 in a few days.

Thanks,
Tomoko

2019年7月10日(水) 22:02 Ignacio Vera <[hidden email]>:

> Hi,
>
> All the issues listed above has been already committed and I see no blockers for release 8.2. I will cut the branch tomorrow around 10am CEST and I will wait for the decision on the bug release 8.1.2 to schedule the build of the first release candidate. Please let us know if this is troublesome for you.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ignacio
>

> On Tue, Jul 2, 2019 at 2:59 AM Joel Bernstein <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I've got one issue that I'd like to get in (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-13589), which I should have wrapped up in a day or two. +1 for around July 10th.
>>
>> On Mon, Jul 1, 2019 at 5:14 PM Nicholas Knize <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> +1 for starting the 8.2 release process. I think it would be good to get the LUCENE-8632 feature into 8.2 along with the BKD improvements and changes in LUCENE-8888 and LUCENE-8896
>>>
>>> Nicholas Knize, Ph.D., GISP
>>> Geospatial Software Guy  |  Elasticsearch
>>> Apache Lucene PMC Member and Committer
>>> [hidden email]

Best regards,
Cao Mạnh Đạt

Re: Lucene/Solr 8.2.0

Ignacio Vera
Indeed that fixed it. Thanks Cassandra!

On Thu, Jul 11, 2019 at 3:33 PM Cassandra Targett <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]

> Thanks,
>
> Ignacio
>

> On Tue, Jul 2, 2019 at 2:59 AM Joel Bernstein <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I've got one issue that I'd like to get in (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-13589), which I should have wrapped up in a day or two. +1 for around July 10th.
>>
>> On Mon, Jul 1, 2019 at 5:14 PM Nicholas Knize <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> +1 for starting the 8.2 release process. I think it would be good to get the LUCENE-8632 feature into 8.2 along with the BKD improvements and changes in LUCENE-8888 and LUCENE-8896
>>>
>>> Nicholas Knize, Ph.D., GISP
>>> Geospatial Software Guy  |  Elasticsearch

Best regards,
Cao Mạnh Đạt

RE: Lucene/Solr 8.2.0

Uwe Schindler

I enabled the policeman Jenkins Jobs for 8.2 branch.

Uwe

-----

Uwe Schindler

Achterdiek 19, D-28357 Bremen

https://www.thetaphi.de

2019710() 22:02 Ignacio Vera <[hidden email]>:

> Hi,
>
> All the issues listed above has been already committed and I see no blockers for release 8.2. I will cut the branch tomorrow around 10am CEST and I will wait for the decision on the bug release 8.1.2 to schedule the build of the first release candidate. Please let us know if this is troublesome for you.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ignacio
>

> On Tue, Jul 2, 2019 at 2:59 AM Joel Bernstein <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I've got one issue that I'd like to get in (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-13589), which I should have wrapped up in a day or two. +1 for around July 10th.
>>
>> On Mon, Jul 1, 2019 at 5:14 PM Nicholas Knize <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> +1 for starting the 8.2 release process. I think it would be good to get the LUCENE-8632 feature into 8.2 along with the BKD improvements and changes in LUCENE-8888 and LUCENE-8896
>>>
>>> Nicholas Knize, Ph.D., GISP
>>> Geospatial Software Guy  |  Elasticsearch
>>> Apache Lucene PMC Member and Committer
>>> [hidden email]

Best regards,

Cao Mạnh Đạt

Re: Lucene/Solr 8.2.0

Tomoko Uchida
Hi Ignacio,

LUCENE-8907 was fixed. (I have reverted a series of commits which
cause backwards incompatibility on Lucene 8.x.)
Thank you for waiting for that!

Tomoko

2019年7月11日(木) 22:44 Uwe Schindler <[hidden email]>:

> Hi,
>

> I enabled the policeman Jenkins Jobs for 8.2 branch.
>

> Uwe
>

> -----
>
> Uwe Schindler
>
> Achterdiek 19, D-28357 Bremen
>
> https://www.thetaphi.de

For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]

--
Best regards,
Cao Mạnh Đạt

Re: Lucene/Solr 8.2.0

Ishan Chattopadhyaya
Hi Ignacio,
I wish to include two security bug fixes (not vulnerabilities, but feature regressions due to Authorization plugin), SOLR-13472 and SOLR-13619. I can commit both shortly, attempting to write a unit test for it (which is proving harder to do than reproducing, fixing and testing manually). Please let me know if you have any concerns.
Regards,
Ishan

On Thu, 11 Jul, 2019, 9:12 PM Tomoko Uchida, <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Ignacio,

LUCENE-8907 was fixed. (I have reverted a series of commits which
cause backwards incompatibility on Lucene 8.x.)
Thank you for waiting for that!

Tomoko

2019年7月11日(木) 22:44 Uwe Schindler <[hidden email]>:

> Hi,
>

> I enabled the policeman Jenkins Jobs for 8.2 branch.
>

> Uwe
>

> -----
>
> Uwe Schindler
>
> Achterdiek 19, D-28357 Bremen
>
> https://www.thetaphi.de

Re: Lucene/Solr 8.2.0

Ignacio Vera
Ishan: I had a look into the issues and I have no objections as far as they get properly reviewed if possible. It will be good to commit the shortly so they go through a few CI iterations in case something gets broken. I am planning to build the first RC early next week as there are no blockers for the release.

Steve: Than you so much, I need to work on getting the right permissions.

Finally I wrote a draft for the release notes for Lucene and Solr. It would be good if someone with more experience in Solr can review/modify my attempt as it is difficult for me to know which are the most important bits. Here are the links to the drafts (not they are in wiki, let me know if you have problems accessing them):

Lucene:

Solr:

On Thu, Jul 11, 2019 at 6:36 PM Ishan Chattopadhyaya <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Ignacio,
I wish to include two security bug fixes (not vulnerabilities, but feature regressions due to Authorization plugin), SOLR-13472 and SOLR-13619. I can commit both shortly, attempting to write a unit test for it (which is proving harder to do than reproducing, fixing and testing manually). Please let me know if you have any concerns.
Regards,
Ishan

On Thu, 11 Jul, 2019, 9:12 PM Tomoko Uchida, <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Ignacio,

LUCENE-8907 was fixed. (I have reverted a series of commits which
cause backwards incompatibility on Lucene 8.x.)
Thank you for waiting for that!

Tomoko

2019年7月11日(木) 22:44 Uwe Schindler <[hidden email]>:

> Hi,
>

> I enabled the policeman Jenkins Jobs for 8.2 branch.
>

> Uwe
>

> -----
>
> Uwe Schindler
>
> Achterdiek 19, D-28357 Bremen
>
> https://www.thetaphi.de

Re: Lucene/Solr 8.2.0

Jan Høydahl / Cominvent
Please use HTTPS in the links to download pages.

Jan Høydahl

12. jul. 2019 kl. 09:04 skrev Ignacio Vera <[hidden email]>:

Ishan: I had a look into the issues and I have no objections as far as they get properly reviewed if possible. It will be good to commit the shortly so they go through a few CI iterations in case something gets broken. I am planning to build the first RC early next week as there are no blockers for the release.

Steve: Than you so much, I need to work on getting the right permissions.

Finally I wrote a draft for the release notes for Lucene and Solr. It would be good if someone with more experience in Solr can review/modify my attempt as it is difficult for me to know which are the most important bits. Here are the links to the drafts (not they are in wiki, let me know if you have problems accessing them):

Lucene:

Solr:

On Thu, Jul 11, 2019 at 6:36 PM Ishan Chattopadhyaya <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Ignacio,
I wish to include two security bug fixes (not vulnerabilities, but feature regressions due to Authorization plugin), SOLR-13472 and SOLR-13619. I can commit both shortly, attempting to write a unit test for it (which is proving harder to do than reproducing, fixing and testing manually). Please let me know if you have any concerns.
Regards,
Ishan

On Thu, 11 Jul, 2019, 9:12 PM Tomoko Uchida, <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Ignacio,

LUCENE-8907 was fixed. (I have reverted a series of commits which
cause backwards incompatibility on Lucene 8.x.)
Thank you for waiting for that!

Tomoko

2019年7月11日(木) 22:44 Uwe Schindler <[hidden email]>:

> Hi,
>

> I enabled the policeman Jenkins Jobs for 8.2 branch.
>

> Uwe
>

> -----
>
> Uwe Schindler
>
> Achterdiek 19, D-28357 Bremen
>
> https://www.thetaphi.de

Re: Lucene/Solr 8.2.0

david.w.smiley@gmail.com
Since there won't be any 8.1.2 yet some issues got fixed for 8.1.2 and there is an 8.1.2 section in CHANGES.txt those issues might not be very noticeable to users that only look at the published HTML version (e.g. https://lucene.apache.org/solr/8_1_1/changes/Changes.html ).  Maybe 8.1.2 should be integrated into 8.2.0 in CHANGES.txt?  Despite this, I see at least one of those issues got into the curated release notes / highlights any way -- thanks Ignacio.

On Fri, Jul 12, 2019 at 9:40 AM Jan Høydahl <[hidden email]> wrote:
Please use HTTPS in the links to download pages.

Jan Høydahl

12. jul. 2019 kl. 09:04 skrev Ignacio Vera <[hidden email]>:

Ishan: I had a look into the issues and I have no objections as far as they get properly reviewed if possible. It will be good to commit the shortly so they go through a few CI iterations in case something gets broken. I am planning to build the first RC early next week as there are no blockers for the release.

Steve: Than you so much, I need to work on getting the right permissions.

Finally I wrote a draft for the release notes for Lucene and Solr. It would be good if someone with more experience in Solr can review/modify my attempt as it is difficult for me to know which are the most important bits. Here are the links to the drafts (not they are in wiki, let me know if you have problems accessing them):

Lucene:

Solr:

On Thu, Jul 11, 2019 at 6:36 PM Ishan Chattopadhyaya <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Ignacio,
I wish to include two security bug fixes (not vulnerabilities, but feature regressions due to Authorization plugin), SOLR-13472 and SOLR-13619. I can commit both shortly, attempting to write a unit test for it (which is proving harder to do than reproducing, fixing and testing manually). Please let me know if you have any concerns.
Regards,
Ishan

On Thu, 11 Jul, 2019, 9:12 PM Tomoko Uchida, <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Ignacio,

LUCENE-8907 was fixed. (I have reverted a series of commits which
cause backwards incompatibility on Lucene 8.x.)
Thank you for waiting for that!

Tomoko

2019年7月11日(木) 22:44 Uwe Schindler <[hidden email]>:

> Hi,
>

> I enabled the policeman Jenkins Jobs for 8.2 branch.
>

> Uwe
>

> -----
>
> Uwe Schindler
>
> Achterdiek 19, D-28357 Bremen
>
> https://www.thetaphi.de

Re: Lucene/Solr 8.2.0

Ignacio Vera
Hi,

We observed using a snapshot of Lucene 8.2 that there is an increase of around 30% on the memory usage of IndexReaders for some of the test datasets, for example:

We suspect this is due to this change: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-8781

12