Lucene's nightly benchmarks now run on Ryzen Threadripper 3990X

Lucene's nightly benchmarks now run on Ryzen Threadripper 3990X

Michael McCandless-2
Hi Team!

Finally, after 5 years, an eternity in computer-years, I have upgraded our nightly benchmarks host to a Ryzen Threadripper 3990X (64 cores, 128 with hyperthreading).

Despite being a desktop class single socket CPU (versus the previous server class dual socket Intel Xeon CPUs), it is substantially faster, even for a single core/thread.

E.g. see annotation DE for the "Primary Key Lookup" nightly performance: https://home.apache.org/~mikemccand/lucenebench/PKLookup.html

Crazy computers AND Lucene keep getting faster and faster ...