Luke for Lucene 2.x ?

KEGan
Hi,

I have read that *Andrzej Bialecki *mentioned that he would release new
version of Luke based on Lucene 2.0.0 soon. URL here ...
http://www.mail-archive.com/java-user@.../msg08612.html.
Anyone has any idea if it has been released ?

Andrzej, if you are reading this, could you please let us know :) Thanks.

~KEGan

Re: Luke for Lucene 2.x ?

Miles Barr-3
KEGan wrote:

> I have read that *Andrzej Bialecki *mentioned that he would release new
> version of Luke based on Lucene 2.0.0 soon. URL here ...
> http://www.mail-archive.com/java-user@.../msg08612.html.
> Anyone has any idea if it has been released ?
>
> Andrzej, if you are reading this, could you please let us know :) Thanks.

It should be fairly straightforward to do it yourself. Compiling Luke
against Lucene 1.9.1 shows it only uses 4 deprecated calls:

http://www.getopt.org/luke/luke-0.6/luke.zip

1. Field(java.lang.String,java.lang.String,boolean,boolean,boolean,boolean)
2. IndexReader.delete(int)
3. IndexReader.delete(Term)
4. Analyzer.tokenStream(Reader)

For the first one, replace the booleans with the appropriate Field.Store
and File.Index values.

The delete call has simply been renamed to deleteDocuments.

Analyzer.tokenStream now requires a field name.

Then replace the Lucene jars in the lib directory with 2.0.0 and you
should be able to build a compatible version of Luke.

Miles

Re: Luke for Lucene 2.x ?

Erick Erickson
I've been using Luke against indexes created with Lucene 2.0 for a while, no
problem. I haven't been compiling either Luke or Lucene though...

FWIW.
Erick