Mailing list: Change the reply too ?

ttj

Mailing list: Change the reply too ?

ttj
Hi all,

 I don't know if it does the same from everyone, but when I use the
reply function of my mail agent, it sets the recipient to the user who
sent the message, and not the mailing list.

So it's quite annoying cause I have to change the recipient each time
I reply to someone on the list.

Can the list admins fix this issue ?

Cheers !

J.

--
Jerome Eteve.

Chat with me live at http://www.eteve.net

Re: Mailing list: Change the reply too ?

Erik Hatcher

On Jul 30, 2009, at 1:44 PM, Jérôme Etévé wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I don't know if it does the same from everyone, but when I use the
> reply function of my mail agent, it sets the recipient to the user who
> sent the message, and not the mailing list.
>
> So it's quite annoying cause I have to change the recipient each time
> I reply to someone on the list.
>
> Can the list admins fix this issue ?

All my replies go to the list.

 From your message, the header says:

        Erik

ttj

2009/7/30 Erik Hatcher <[hidden email]>:

> On Jul 30, 2009, at 1:44 PM, Jérôme Etévé wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I don't know if it does the same from everyone, but when I use the
>> reply function of my mail agent, it sets the recipient to the user who
>> sent the message, and not the mailing list.
>>
>> So it's quite annoying cause I have to change the recipient each time
>> I reply to someone on the list.
>>
>> Can the list admins fix this issue ?
>
> All my replies go to the list.
>
> From your message, the header says:

>        Erik

It works with your messages. It might depends on mail agents.

Jerome.

--
Jerome Eteve.

Chat with me live at http://www.eteve.net

Re: Mailing list: Change the reply too ?

hossman

:
: So it's quite annoying cause I have to change the recipient each time
: I reply to someone on the list.
:
: Can the list admins fix this issue ?

The list software allways adds a "Reply-To" header indicating that replies
should be sent to the list.  It does *not* remove any existing Reply-To
headers that the orriginal sender may have included -- it does this
because it trusts that the orriginal sender had a reason for putting it
there (ie: when someone off list, like the apachecon coordinators, sends
an announcement and the moderators let it through)

It's mail client dependant as to what to do when you reply to a message
like that -- yours apparently just picks one (and sometimes it's not the
list) most either reply to both, or ask the user "do you want to reply to
all"

-Hoss