Make it possible to omit responseheader

Noble Paul നോബിള്‍  नोब्ळ्
In a lot of cases we do not actually need the data included in the
header.SO we just waste bandwidth, processing to write and read this .

we should add a request parameter omitHeader=true|false . Default
should be false . If it is true let us not send the header itself
--Noble Paul

Re: Make it possible to omit responseheader

Erik Hatcher
seems totally reasonable... i've seen some headers get pretty out of
control with parameters!

   +1 (but after 1.3 please :)

        Erik

On Sep 1, 2008, at 2:44 PM, Noble Paul നോബിള്‍
नोब्ळ् wrote:

> In a lot of cases we do not actually need the data included in the
> header.SO we just waste bandwidth, processing to write and read this .
>
> we should add a request parameter omitHeader=true|false . Default
> should be false . If it is true let us not send the header itself
> --Noble Paul

Re: Make it possible to omit responseheader

hossman

: seems totally reasonable... i've seen some headers get pretty out of control
: with parameters!

isn't this what echoParams=none is for?

Re: Make it possible to omit responseheader

Noble Paul നോബിള്‍  नोब्ळ्
echoParams=none is just for params.
we can totally omit the other things too

--Noble Paul

Re: Make it possible to omit responseheader

hossman

: echoParams=none is just for params.
: we can totally omit the other things too

I must be more out of touch with recent Solr features then i thought ... i
didn't realize there was anything else in the responseHeader.

Re: Make it possible to omit responseheader

Noble Paul നോബിള്‍  नोब्ळ्
The use case is as follows.

I have an auto-suggest feature in my website I wish to make a query to
solr and specify wt=json and just pipe the solr output to browser
directly. In that case even the little extra information is
unnecessary. I am not using that and the bandwidth is wasted.

--Noble

--
--Noble Paul