Make ivy search maven repo1/repo2?

Lance Norskog-2
How can I get ivy to include the maven.org repo2 in the resolver list?
Is there a reason it is not in the list?

I ask because there is an artifact (extjwnl) which is only on repo2.

--
Lance Norskog

Re: Make ivy search maven repo1/repo2?

Dawid Weiss
Interesting. I think they should be identical mirrors of each other.
Benson has more knowledge of Maven -- perheps he'll be able to tell if
this is a bug in the repo sync or something to be expected?

Dawid

On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 4:11 AM, Lance Norskog <[hidden email]> wrote:

> How can I get ivy to include the maven.org repo2 in the resolver list?
> Is there a reason it is not in the list?
>
> I ask because there is an artifact (extjwnl) which is only on repo2.
>
> --
> Lance Norskog

Re: Make ivy search maven repo1/repo2?

Lance Norskog-2
My mistake. I meant that Ivy was not using the maven.org repos at all.

On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 11:17 PM, Dawid Weiss
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Interesting. I think they should be identical mirrors of each other.
> Benson has more knowledge of Maven -- perheps he'll be able to tell if
> this is a bug in the repo sync or something to be expected?
>
> Dawid
>
> On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 4:11 AM, Lance Norskog <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> How can I get ivy to include the maven.org repo2 in the resolver list?
>> Is there a reason it is not in the list?
>>
>> I ask because there is an artifact (extjwnl) which is only on repo2.
>>
>> --
>> Lance Norskog
>> [hidden email]

Lance Norskog

Re: Make ivy search maven repo1/repo2?

Dawid Weiss
I think it is? By default one of the resolvers pulls from
repo1.maven.org -- look at ivy-settings.xml:

  <include url="${ivy.default.settings.dir}/ivysettings-public.xml"/>
  <include url="${ivy.default.settings.dir}/ivysettings-shared.xml"/>
  <include url="${ivy.default.settings.dir}/ivysettings-local.xml"/>
  <include url="${ivy.default.settings.dir}/ivysettings-main-chain.xml"/>

the main chain includes shared repos and shared is:

                <ibiblio name="public" m2compatible="true"/>

And ibiblio is by default pulling from maven repos:

http://ant.apache.org/ivy/history/latest-milestone/resolver/ibiblio.html

Dawid

On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 8:31 AM, Lance Norskog <[hidden email]> wrote:

> My mistake. I meant that Ivy was not using the maven.org repos at all.
>
> On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 11:17 PM, Dawid Weiss
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Interesting. I think they should be identical mirrors of each other.
>> Benson has more knowledge of Maven -- perheps he'll be able to tell if
>> this is a bug in the repo sync or something to be expected?
>>
>> Dawid
>>
>> On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 4:11 AM, Lance Norskog <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> How can I get ivy to include the maven.org repo2 in the resolver list?
>>> Is there a reason it is not in the list?
>>>
>>> I ask because there is an artifact (extjwnl) which is only on repo2.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Lance Norskog
>>> [hidden email]

> Lance Norskog

Re: Make ivy search maven repo1/repo2?

Lance Norskog-2
It is working now. I did a complete update- that might be it.

Now, the next question: what build target makes Solr use new Lucene jars?

On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 11:37 PM, Dawid Weiss
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I think it is? By default one of the resolvers pulls from
> repo1.maven.org -- look at ivy-settings.xml:
>
>  <include url="${ivy.default.settings.dir}/ivysettings-public.xml"/>
>  <include url="${ivy.default.settings.dir}/ivysettings-shared.xml"/>
>  <include url="${ivy.default.settings.dir}/ivysettings-local.xml"/>
>  <include url="${ivy.default.settings.dir}/ivysettings-main-chain.xml"/>
>
> the main chain includes shared repos and shared is:
>
>                <ibiblio name="public" m2compatible="true"/>
>
> And ibiblio is by default pulling from maven repos:
>
> http://ant.apache.org/ivy/history/latest-milestone/resolver/ibiblio.html
>
> Dawid
>
> On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 8:31 AM, Lance Norskog <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> My mistake. I meant that Ivy was not using the maven.org repos at all.
>>
>> On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 11:17 PM, Dawid Weiss
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Interesting. I think they should be identical mirrors of each other.
>>> Benson has more knowledge of Maven -- perheps he'll be able to tell if
>>> this is a bug in the repo sync or something to be expected?
>>>
>>> Dawid

>> --
>> Lance Norskog
>> [hidden email]

Lance Norskog

Re: Make ivy search maven repo1/repo2?

Dawid Weiss
Are you talking about the maven build or the ant build?
D.

On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 9:23 AM, Lance Norskog <[hidden email]> wrote:

> It is working now. I did a complete update- that might be it.
>
> Now, the next question: what build target makes Solr use new Lucene jars?
>
> On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 11:37 PM, Dawid Weiss
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I think it is? By default one of the resolvers pulls from
>> repo1.maven.org -- look at ivy-settings.xml:
>>
>>  <include url="${ivy.default.settings.dir}/ivysettings-public.xml"/>
>>  <include url="${ivy.default.settings.dir}/ivysettings-shared.xml"/>
>>  <include url="${ivy.default.settings.dir}/ivysettings-local.xml"/>
>>  <include url="${ivy.default.settings.dir}/ivysettings-main-chain.xml"/>
>>
>> the main chain includes shared repos and shared is:
>>
>>                <ibiblio name="public" m2compatible="true"/>
>>
>> And ibiblio is by default pulling from maven repos:
>>
>> http://ant.apache.org/ivy/history/latest-milestone/resolver/ibiblio.html
>>
>> Dawid
>>
>> On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 8:31 AM, Lance Norskog <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> My mistake. I meant that Ivy was not using the maven.org repos at all.

>>> --
>>> Lance Norskog
>>> [hidden email]

> Lance Norskog

Re: Make ivy search maven repo1/repo2?

Lance Norskog-2
The ant build. I have added a new Lucene class and would like to use
it from Solr. What ant build target will propagate the new class into
the Lucene jars which are used by Solr?

On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 12:29 AM, Dawid Weiss
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Are you talking about the maven build or the ant build?
> D.
>
> On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 9:23 AM, Lance Norskog <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> It is working now. I did a complete update- that might be it.
>>
>> Now, the next question: what build target makes Solr use new Lucene jars?
>>
>> On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 11:37 PM, Dawid Weiss
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> I think it is? By default one of the resolvers pulls from
>>> repo1.maven.org -- look at ivy-settings.xml:
>>>
>>>  <include url="${ivy.default.settings.dir}/ivysettings-public.xml"/>
>>>  <include url="${ivy.default.settings.dir}/ivysettings-shared.xml"/>
>>>  <include url="${ivy.default.settings.dir}/ivysettings-local.xml"/>
>>>  <include url="${ivy.default.settings.dir}/ivysettings-main-chain.xml"/>
>>>
>>> the main chain includes shared repos and shared is:
>>>
>>>                <ibiblio name="public" m2compatible="true"/>
>>>
>>> And ibiblio is by default pulling from maven repos:
>>>
>>> http://ant.apache.org/ivy/history/latest-milestone/resolver/ibiblio.html
>>>
>>> Dawid

>> --
>> Lance Norskog
>> [hidden email]

Lance Norskog

Re: Make ivy search maven repo1/repo2?

Dawid Weiss
I don't know what you mean by "use it from Solr" but I guess regular
targets to assemble the example/ solr distribution will update Lucene
jars. So ant example or dist* should work.

Dawid