Mobile Lucene

christopher may
Hey all I am working on a project that requires a search engine on a
embedded linux that is also bluetooth capable. Is there a lucene mobile or
can I recompile the code in the J2me wireless toolkit ? Any help would be
appreciated, Thanks

Re: Mobile Lucene

Dan Funk
I have Sharp zaurus SL-C3000 running J2me - I was able to use the
current lucene without modification.

christopher may wrote:

> Hey all I am working on a project that requires a search engine on a
> embedded linux that is also bluetooth capable. Is there a lucene
> mobile or can I recompile the code in the J2me wireless toolkit ? Any
> help would be appreciated, Thanks

Dan Funk
Software Engineer

Information Technology Solutions
Battelle Charlottesville Operations
1000 Research Park Boulevard, Suite 105
Charlottesville, Virginia 22911

434.984.0951 x244
434.984.0947 (fax)

Re: Mobile Lucene

christopher may

  What are you running as far as the OS ? And thanks for the responce.

>From: Dan Funk <[hidden email]>
>To: [hidden email]
>Subject: Re: Mobile Lucene
>Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 15:10:46 -0400
>
>I have Sharp zaurus SL-C3000 running J2me - I was able to use the current
>lucene without modification.
>
>christopher may wrote:
>
>>Hey all I am working on a project that requires a search engine on a
>>embedded linux that is also bluetooth capable. Is there a lucene mobile or
>>can I recompile the code in the J2me wireless toolkit ? Any help would be
>>appreciated, Thanks

>--
>Dan Funk
>Software Engineer
>
>Information Technology Solutions
>Battelle Charlottesville Operations
>1000 Research Park Boulevard, Suite 105
>Charlottesville, Virginia 22911
>
>434.984.0951 x244
>434.984.0947 (fax)
>[hidden email]

Re: Mobile Lucene

Dan Funk
It comes with Linux installed - looks like they wrapped their own - no
official distribution.
You can, with a little effort, put debian on it (
http://www.eleves.ens.fr/home/leurent/zaurus.html ).

It doesn't come with Java, but you can get an official version from sun
that works very well (
http://java.sun.com/developer/earlyAccess/pp4zaurus/ )

I re-compiled my application for java 1.1  and put the Lucene binary I
downloaded in my path - I didn't alter it at all.  Everything worked
right out of the box.  I should note that a GUI based application would
have been far more difficult to port - all I had  was a web service- and
that moved over without a hitch.