Mongolian language in Solr

Samir Joshi
Hi,

Is it possible to get a Mongolian language in Solr indexing?

Regards,

Samir Joshi
--------------------------------
VFS GLOBAL
EST. 2001 | Partnering Governments. Providing Solutions.

10th Floor, Tower A, Urmi Estate, 95, Ganpatrao Kadam Marg, Lower Parel (W), Mumbai 400 013, India
Mob: +91 9987550070 | [hidden email]<mailto:[hidden email]> | www.vfsglobal.com<http://www.vfsglobal.com/>

----------
Care4Green: Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail
----------
This message contains information that may be privileged or confidential and is the property of the VFS Global Group. It is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. Any unauthorised printing, copying, disclosure, distribution or use of this message or any part thereof is strictly forbidden. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorised to read, print, retain, copy, disseminate, distribute, or use this message or any part thereof. If you receive this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of this message. VFS Global Group has taken reasonable precaution to ensure that any attachment to this e-mail has been swept for viruses. However, we do not accept liability for any direct or indirect damage sustained as a result of software viruses and would advise that you conduct your own virus checks before opening any attachment. VFS Global Group does not guarantee the security of any information transmitted electronically and is not liable for the proper, timely and complete transmission thereof.
----------

Re: Mongolian language in Solr

Charlie Hull-3
Hi,

There's no Mongolian stemmer in Snowball, the stemmer project Lucene
uses. I found one paper discussing how one might lemmatize Mongolian:
https://www.researchgate.net/publication/220229332_A_lemmatization_method_for_Mongolian_and_its_application_to_indexing_for_information_retrieval
https://dl.acm.org/doi/10.1016/j.ipm.2009.01.008
but no actual code. Of course, you could use Snowball to build your own
stemmer. https://snowballstem.org/

I did have more success finding Mongolian stopwords
https://github.com/elastic/elasticsearch/issues/40434 - someone over in
Elasticsearch land seems to have the same problem as you do.

Best

Charlie

--
Charlie Hull