More Like This design

Erik Hatcher
I think the More Like This addition to Solr would make the best sense
to be a separate request handler, something like:

        ?qt=mlt&id=<SOLR ID>&fl=<STANDARD FIELD LIST ARGUMENTS>&mlt.limit=5

and there would of course be a number of other "mlt.*" parameters.  I
can see it also being handy within the scope of a standard search
request where an additional section is added like highlighting but
that doesn't seem to be as common of a use case as just simply
wanting more documents like a specific one.

Thoughts?

        Erik

Re: More Like This design

Chris Hostetter-3

: ?qt=mlt&id=<SOLR ID>&fl=<STANDARD FIELD LIST ARGUMENTS>&mlt.limit=5
:
: and there would of course be a number of other "mlt.*" parameters.  I
: can see it also being handy within the scope of a standard search
: request where an additional section is added like highlighting but
: that doesn't seem to be as common of a use case as just simply
: wanting more documents like a specific one.

i think a seperate request handler makes hte most sense ... but i don't
think you need to worry about using an mlt prefix on every param name --
it's usefull for the StandardREquestHandler where we are worried about
feature collision, but in the case of something like this the request
handler has one specific use case.

if/when we decide to merge some of the functionality into Standard/DisMax
then it might make sense to prefix the params.

-Hoss