MoreLikeThis in Solr 7.3.1

Monique Monteiro
Hi all,

I'm trying to access /mlt in Solr, but the index returns HTTP 404 error.

I've already configured the following:

   - /solr-7.3.1/server/solr/configsets/_default/conf/solrconfig.xml:

  *<initParams
path="/update/**,/query,/select,/tvrh,/elevate,/spell,/browse,/mlt">*
*    <lst name="defaults">*
*      <str name="df">_text_</str>*
*    </lst>*
*  </initParams>*

 AND

  *<requestHandler name="/mlt" class="solr.MoreLikeThisHandler">*
*     <lst name="defaults">       *
*    <str name="mlt.interestingTerms">list</str> *
*     </lst>*
*  </requestHandler>*

But none of this made "http://localhost:8983/solr/*<index name>*/mlt?q=*:*
return anything other than 404.

Has anyone any idea about what may be happening?

Thanks in advance,

Monique Monteiro

Re: MoreLikeThis in Solr 7.3.1

Anshum Gupta-3
Hi Monique,

Is this standalone Solr or SolrCloud ? If it is cloud, then you’d have to make sure that you uploaded the right config and collection should also be reloaded if you enabled it after creating the collection.

Also, did you check the MLT Query parser that does the same thing but doesn’t require registering of the handler etc. You can find it’s documentation here: https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/7_3/other-parsers.html#more-like-this-query-parser

 Anshum

On Jun 19, 2018, at 11:00 AM, Monique Monteiro <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Hi Anshum,

I'm using SolrCloud, but both instances are on the same Solr installation
(it's just for test purposes), so I suppose they share configuration in
solr-7.3.1/server/solr/configsets/_default/conf/solrconfig.xml.

So should I recreate the collection ?

Thanks,
Monique

--
Monique Monteiro
Blog: http://moniquelouise.spaces.live.com/
Twitter: http://twitter.com/monilouise

Re: MoreLikeThis in Solr 7.3.1

Monique Monteiro
I reloaded the collection with the command:

http://localhost:8983/solr/admin/collections?action=RELOAD&name=documentos_ce

But stil the same problem...

On Tue, Jun 19, 2018 at 4:48 PM Monique Monteiro <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi Anshum,
>
> I'm using SolrCloud, but both instances are on the same Solr installation
> (it's just for test purposes), so I suppose they share configuration in
> solr-7.3.1/server/solr/configsets/_default/conf/solrconfig.xml.
>
> So should I recreate the collection ?
>
> Thanks,
> Monique
>
> On Tue, Jun 19, 2018 at 4:41 PM Anshum Gupta <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi Monique,
>>
>> Is this standalone Solr or SolrCloud ? If it is cloud, then you’d have to
>> make sure that you uploaded the right config and collection should also be
>> reloaded if you enabled it after creating the collection.
>>
>> Also, did you check the MLT Query parser that does the same thing but
>> doesn’t require registering of the handler etc. You can find it’s
>> documentation here:
>> https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/7_3/other-parsers.html#more-like-this-query-parser
>>
>> * *Anshum
>>

>> On Jun 19, 2018, at 11:00 AM, Monique Monteiro <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm trying to access /mlt in Solr, but the index returns HTTP 404 error.
>>
>> I've already configured the following:
>>

>>   - /solr-7.3.1/server/solr/configsets/_default/conf/solrconfig.xml:
>>
>>  *<initParams
>> path="/update/**,/query,/select,/tvrh,/elevate,/spell,/browse,/mlt">*
>> *    <lst name="defaults">*
>> *      <str name="df">_text_</str>*
>> *    </lst>*
>> *  </initParams>*
>>
>> AND
>>
>>  *<requestHandler name="/mlt" class="solr.MoreLikeThisHandler">*
>> *     <lst name="defaults">       *
>> *    <str name="mlt.interestingTerms">list</str> *
>> *     </lst>*
>> *  </requestHandler>*
>>
>> But none of this made "http://localhost:8983/solr/*<index
>> name>*/mlt?q=*:*
>> return anything other than 404.
>>
>> Has anyone any idea about what may be happening?
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>>
>> --
>> Monique Monteiro
>>

> --
> Monique Monteiro
> Blog: http://moniquelouise.spaces.live.com/
> Twitter: http://twitter.com/monilouise

--
Monique Monteiro
Blog: http://moniquelouise.spaces.live.com/
Twitter: http://twitter.com/monilouise

Re: MoreLikeThis in Solr 7.3.1

Anshum Gupta-3
That explains it :)

I assume you did make those changes on disk and did not upload the updated configset to zookeeper.

SolrCloud instances use the configset from zk, so all changed files would have to be uploaded to zk.

You can re-uplaod the configset using the zkcli.sh script that comes with Solr (or some other utility) : https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/7_3/command-line-utilities.html#using-solr-s-zookeeper-cli

Here’s the config set API that can also be used to accomplish the same: https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/7_3/configsets-api.html#configsets-api-entry-points

Whatever mechanism you choose to upload the updated config, you should be able to see the latest config @ the Solr admin UI (assuming you have access to that) by cloud > tree > configs > <your config name>

 Anshum

wrote:

[...]

Thanks! By using Zookeeper CLI I managed to update the configs.