Moving a collection to a specific machine?

Moving a collection to a specific machine?

Koen De Groote
Hello,

I'm looking into how I can move a collection to a specific machine.

I have a set of machines, some with more/less CPU/RAM/Disk Space.

Basically, I want to either move the specific collection to the appropriate
machine(s). Or somehow say in the configuration "collection X is to only
exist on machine Y".

Is this possible?

I've seen something about SPLITSHARD but the parameters for that don't
appear to accept destinations.

Re: Moving a collection to a specific machine?

Shawn Heisey-2
On 9/18/2019 8:46 AM, Koen De Groote wrote:

> I'm looking into how I can move a collection to a specific machine.
>
> I have a set of machines, some with more/less CPU/RAM/Disk Space.
>
> Basically, I want to either move the specific collection to the appropriate
> machine(s). Or somehow say in the configuration "collection X is to only
> exist on machine Y".
>
> Is this possible?
>
> I've seen something about SPLITSHARD but the parameters for that don't
> appear to accept destinations.

I think you want MOVEREPLICA.

https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/8_1/collections-api.html#movereplica

Alternately you could use ADDREPLICA, and when it finishes, use
DELETEREPLICA.

Thanks,
Shawn