Moving usage documentation of Luke to Lucene Website

12

Moving usage documentation of Luke to Lucene Website

Michael Wechner
Hi

I just noticed that Luke became a Lucene Module

https://github.com/DmitryKey/luke#important-notice
https://mocobeta.medium.com/luke-become-an-apache-lucene-module-as-of-lucene-8-1-7d139c998b2
https://lucene.apache.org/core/8_8_2/luke/index.html

Wouldn't it make sense to move the "Usage documentation of Luke" from
https://github.com/DmitryKey/luke#luke to somewhere inside
lucene.apache.org?

Thanks

Michael

Re: Moving usage documentation of Luke to Lucene Website

Jan Høydahl / Cominvent
Hi

That could be feasible. Have a look at the website git repo at https://github.com/apache/lucene-site.
Should be fairly easy to move the Markdown files from github to this site, which also accepts Markdown...

Jan

> 30. apr. 2021 kl. 08:41 skrev Michael Wechner <[hidden email]>:
>
> Hi
>
> I just noticed that Luke became a Lucene Module
>
> https://github.com/DmitryKey/luke#important-notice
> https://mocobeta.medium.com/luke-become-an-apache-lucene-module-as-of-lucene-8-1-7d139c998b2
> https://lucene.apache.org/core/8_8_2/luke/index.html
>
> Wouldn't it make sense to move the "Usage documentation of Luke" from https://github.com/DmitryKey/luke#luke to somewhere inside lucene.apache.org?
>
> Thanks
>
> Michael

Re: Moving usage documentation of Luke to Lucene Website

Robert Muir
I'll throw out the idea of moving the README.md to
https://github.com/apache/lucene/tree/main/lucene/luke

That way it is in the main source tree, versioned, and pushed as part
of the release process. We could then fix the gradle documentation
task to incorporate any module's README.md into the main release
documentation file (such as
https://lucene.apache.org/core/8_8_2/index.html). Also for now at
least, it would be visible from github too.

On Fri, Apr 30, 2021 at 10:32 AM Jan Høydahl <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi
>
> That could be feasible. Have a look at the website git repo at https://github.com/apache/lucene-site.
> Should be fairly easy to move the Markdown files from github to this site, which also accepts Markdown...
>
> Jan
>
> > 30. apr. 2021 kl. 08:41 skrev Michael Wechner <[hidden email]>:
> >
> > Hi
> >
> > I just noticed that Luke became a Lucene Module
> >
> > https://github.com/DmitryKey/luke#important-notice
> > https://mocobeta.medium.com/luke-become-an-apache-lucene-module-as-of-lucene-8-1-7d139c998b2
> > https://lucene.apache.org/core/8_8_2/luke/index.html
> >
> > Wouldn't it make sense to move the "Usage documentation of Luke" from https://github.com/DmitryKey/luke#luke to somewhere inside lucene.apache.org?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Michael

Re: Moving usage documentation of Luke to Lucene Website

Michael Wechner
sounds good to me :-)

Would you like me to do a pull request or will you copy the README.md
yourself?

Thanks

Michael

Am 30.04.21 um 16:59 schrieb Robert Muir:

> I'll throw out the idea of moving the README.md to
> https://github.com/apache/lucene/tree/main/lucene/luke
>
> That way it is in the main source tree, versioned, and pushed as part
> of the release process. We could then fix the gradle documentation
> task to incorporate any module's README.md into the main release
> documentation file (such as
> https://lucene.apache.org/core/8_8_2/index.html). Also for now at
> least, it would be visible from github too.
>
> On Fri, Apr 30, 2021 at 10:32 AM Jan Høydahl <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> That could be feasible. Have a look at the website git repo at https://github.com/apache/lucene-site.
>> Should be fairly easy to move the Markdown files from github to this site, which also accepts Markdown...
>>
>> Jan
>>
>>> 30. apr. 2021 kl. 08:41 skrev Michael Wechner <[hidden email]>:
>>>
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> I just noticed that Luke became a Lucene Module
>>>
>>> https://github.com/DmitryKey/luke#important-notice
>>> https://mocobeta.medium.com/luke-become-an-apache-lucene-module-as-of-lucene-8-1-7d139c998b2
>>> https://lucene.apache.org/core/8_8_2/luke/index.html
>>>
>>> Wouldn't it make sense to move the "Usage documentation of Luke" from https://github.com/DmitryKey/luke#luke to somewhere inside lucene.apache.org?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> Michael

Re: Moving usage documentation of Luke to Lucene Website

Robert Muir
please submit a PR if you have the time!

On Fri, Apr 30, 2021 at 3:38 PM Michael Wechner
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> sounds good to me :-)
>
> Would you like me to do a pull request or will you copy the README.md
> yourself?
>
> Thanks
>
> Michael
>
> Am 30.04.21 um 16:59 schrieb Robert Muir:
> > I'll throw out the idea of moving the README.md to
> > https://github.com/apache/lucene/tree/main/lucene/luke
> >
> > That way it is in the main source tree, versioned, and pushed as part
> > of the release process. We could then fix the gradle documentation
> > task to incorporate any module's README.md into the main release
> > documentation file (such as
> > https://lucene.apache.org/core/8_8_2/index.html). Also for now at
> > least, it would be visible from github too.
> >
> > On Fri, Apr 30, 2021 at 10:32 AM Jan Høydahl <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >> Hi
> >>
> >> That could be feasible. Have a look at the website git repo at https://github.com/apache/lucene-site.
> >> Should be fairly easy to move the Markdown files from github to this site, which also accepts Markdown...
> >>
> >> Jan

Re: Moving usage documentation of Luke to Lucene Website

Tomoko Uchida
Just FYI, we're going to remove Javadocs for luke module from the documentation site (it does not much make sense publishing API docs for the GUI tool anyway).
Instead, I've added a simple description about how to launch the app.

Tomoko

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> sounds good to me :-)
>
> Would you like me to do a pull request or will you copy the README.md
> yourself?
>
> Thanks
>
> Michael
>
> Am 30.04.21 um 16:59 schrieb Robert Muir:
> > I'll throw out the idea of moving the README.md to
> > https://github.com/apache/lucene/tree/main/lucene/luke
> >
> > That way it is in the main source tree, versioned, and pushed as part
> > of the release process. We could then fix the gradle documentation
> > task to incorporate any module's README.md into the main release
> > documentation file (such as
> > https://lucene.apache.org/core/8_8_2/index.html). Also for now at
> > least, it would be visible from github too.
> >
> > On Fri, Apr 30, 2021 at 10:32 AM Jan Høydahl <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >> Hi
> >>
> >> That could be feasible. Have a look at the website git repo at https://github.com/apache/lucene-site.
> >> Should be fairly easy to move the Markdown files from github to this site, which also accepts Markdown...
> >>
> >> Jan

RE: Moving usage documentation of Luke to Lucene Website

Uwe Schindler

Hi,

we could also add the whole GUI documentation from the old site (I assume it’s Github’s Wiki markdown and just copy it to our documentation module directory. It will then automatically convert all “*.md” files to “*.html” when it builds the “site” documentation.

Uwe

-----

Uwe Schindler

Achterdiek 19, D-28357 Bremen

https://www.thetaphi.de

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> sounds good to me :-)
>
> Would you like me to do a pull request or will you copy the README.md
> yourself?
>
> Thanks
>
> Michael
>
> Am 30.04.21 um 16:59 schrieb Robert Muir:
> > I'll throw out the idea of moving the README.md to
> > https://github.com/apache/lucene/tree/main/lucene/luke
> >
> > That way it is in the main source tree, versioned, and pushed as part
> > of the release process. We could then fix the gradle documentation
> > task to incorporate any module's README.md into the main release
> > documentation file (such as
> > https://lucene.apache.org/core/8_8_2/index.html). Also for now at
> > least, it would be visible from github too.
> >
> > On Fri, Apr 30, 2021 at 10:32 AM Jan Høydahl <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >> Hi
> >>
> >> That could be feasible. Have a look at the website git repo at https://github.com/apache/lucene-site.
> >> Should be fairly easy to move the Markdown files from github to this site, which also accepts Markdown...
> >>
> >> Jan

RE: Moving usage documentation of Luke to Lucene Website

Uwe Schindler

We can also add assets there:

It’s all here: https://github.com/apache/lucene/tree/main/lucene/documentation/src

-----

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> sounds good to me :-)
>
> Would you like me to do a pull request or will you copy the README.md
> yourself?
>
> Thanks
>
> Michael
>
> Am 30.04.21 um 16:59 schrieb Robert Muir:
> > I'll throw out the idea of moving the README.md to
> > https://github.com/apache/lucene/tree/main/lucene/luke
> >
> > That way it is in the main source tree, versioned, and pushed as part
> > of the release process. We could then fix the gradle documentation
> > task to incorporate any module's README.md into the main release
> > documentation file (such as
> > https://lucene.apache.org/core/8_8_2/index.html). Also for now at
> > least, it would be visible from github too.
> >
> > On Fri, Apr 30, 2021 at 10:32 AM Jan Høydahl <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >> Hi
> >>
> >> That could be feasible. Have a look at the website git repo at https://github.com/apache/lucene-site.
> >> Should be fairly easy to move the Markdown files from github to this site, which also accepts Markdown...
> >>
> >> Jan

Re: Moving usage documentation of Luke to Lucene Website

Michael Wechner
I am lIttle confused now :-) where exactly are these changes now?

If I understand correctly that PR has already been merged (https://github.com/apache/lucene/pull/120), but I cannot see the changes at

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> sounds good to me :-)
>
> Would you like me to do a pull request or will you copy the README.md
> yourself?
>
> Thanks
>
> Michael
>
> Am 30.04.21 um 16:59 schrieb Robert Muir:
> > I'll throw out the idea of moving the README.md to
> > https://github.com/apache/lucene/tree/main/lucene/luke
> >
> > That way it is in the main source tree, versioned, and pushed as part
> > of the release process. We could then fix the gradle documentation
> > task to incorporate any module's README.md into the main release
> > documentation file (such as
> > https://lucene.apache.org/core/8_8_2/index.html). Also for now at
> > least, it would be visible from github too.
> >
> > On Fri, Apr 30, 2021 at 10:32 AM Jan Høydahl <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >> Hi
> >>
> >> That could be feasible. Have a look at the website git repo at https://github.com/apache/lucene-site.
> >> Should be fairly easy to move the Markdown files from github to this site, which also accepts Markdown...
> >>
> >> Jan

Re: Moving usage documentation of Luke to Lucene Website

Tomoko Uchida
The documentation is frozen when it is released (it's part of the release package).

https://github.com/apache/lucene/pull/120 was merged into the main branch, so it will be shipped with 9.0 - the next major release.
Unfortunately I think it wouldn't be trivial to backport the documentation change into the branch for 8.x.

Tomoko

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> sounds good to me :-)
>
> Would you like me to do a pull request or will you copy the README.md
> yourself?
>
> Thanks
>
> Michael
>
> Am 30.04.21 um 16:59 schrieb Robert Muir:
> > I'll throw out the idea of moving the README.md to
> > https://github.com/apache/lucene/tree/main/lucene/luke
> >
> > That way it is in the main source tree, versioned, and pushed as part
> > of the release process. We could then fix the gradle documentation
> > task to incorporate any module's README.md into the main release
> > documentation file (such as
> > https://lucene.apache.org/core/8_8_2/index.html). Also for now at
> > least, it would be visible from github too.
> >
> > On Fri, Apr 30, 2021 at 10:32 AM Jan Høydahl <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >> Hi
> >>
> >> That could be feasible. Have a look at the website git repo at https://github.com/apache/lucene-site.
> >> Should be fairly easy to move the Markdown files from github to this site, which also accepts Markdown...
> >>
> >> Jan

Re: Moving usage documentation of Luke to Lucene Website

Michael Wechner
ah ok :-)

Do you have an idea when 9.0 will be released approximately?

Do you think it would still make sense to add some documentation as well to

https://github.com/apache/lucene/tree/main/lucene/luke

?

Thanks

Michael

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> sounds good to me :-)
>
> Would you like me to do a pull request or will you copy the README.md
> yourself?
>
> Thanks
>
> Michael
>
> Am 30.04.21 um 16:59 schrieb Robert Muir:
> > I'll throw out the idea of moving the README.md to
> > https://github.com/apache/lucene/tree/main/lucene/luke
> >
> > That way it is in the main source tree, versioned, and pushed as part
> > of the release process. We could then fix the gradle documentation
> > task to incorporate any module's README.md into the main release
> > documentation file (such as
> > https://lucene.apache.org/core/8_8_2/index.html). Also for now at
> > least, it would be visible from github too.
> >
> > On Fri, Apr 30, 2021 at 10:32 AM Jan Høydahl <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >> Hi
> >>
> >> That could be feasible. Have a look at the website git repo at https://github.com/apache/lucene-site.
> >> Should be fairly easy to move the Markdown files from github to this site, which also accepts Markdown...
> >>
> >> Jan

Re: Moving usage documentation of Luke to Lucene Website

Tomoko Uchida
> Do you think it would still make sense to add some documentation as well to

Yes, my PR is orthogonal to the suggestion.

Just to make things a little clear, the README file under the module directory won't be published as the part of the official documentation (Lucene website).
Related to Uwe's suggestion, we have an issue for Luke documentation. If you're really interested in making changes on official documentation as you firstly mentioned, feel free to involve it; but I think it would need a bit of work.

Tomoko

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> sounds good to me :-)
>
> Would you like me to do a pull request or will you copy the README.md
> yourself?
>
> Thanks
>
> Michael
>
> Am 30.04.21 um 16:59 schrieb Robert Muir:
> > I'll throw out the idea of moving the README.md to
> > https://github.com/apache/lucene/tree/main/lucene/luke
> >
> > That way it is in the main source tree, versioned, and pushed as part
> > of the release process. We could then fix the gradle documentation
> > task to incorporate any module's README.md into the main release
> > documentation file (such as
> > https://lucene.apache.org/core/8_8_2/index.html). Also for now at
> > least, it would be visible from github too.
> >
> > On Fri, Apr 30, 2021 at 10:32 AM Jan Høydahl <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >> Hi
> >>
> >> That could be feasible. Have a look at the website git repo at https://github.com/apache/lucene-site.
> >> Should be fairly easy to move the Markdown files from github to this site, which also accepts Markdown...
> >>
> >> Jan

Re: Moving usage documentation of Luke to Lucene Website

Uwe Schindler
Should I make a PR? If we use the markdown files from the old GitHub Location, we can easily publish them as part of official documentation. The correct module is below lucene/documentation.

Uwe

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> sounds good to me :-)
>
> Would you like me to do a pull request or will you copy the README.md
> yourself?
>
> Thanks
>
> Michael
>
> Am 30.04.21 um 16:59 schrieb Robert Muir:
> > I'll throw out the idea of moving the README.md to
> > https://github.com/apache/lucene/tree/main/lucene/luke
> >
> > That way it is in the main source tree, versioned, and pushed as part
> > of the release process. We could then fix the gradle documentation
> > task to incorporate any module's README.md into the main release
> > documentation file (such as
> > https://lucene.apache.org/core/8_8_2/index.html). Also for now at
> > least, it would be visible from github too.
> >
> > On Fri, Apr 30, 2021 at 10:32 AM Jan Høydahl <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >> Hi
> >>
> >> That could be feasible. Have a look at the website git repo at https://github.com/apache/lucene-site.
> >> Should be fairly easy to move the Markdown files from github to this site, which also accepts Markdown...
> >>
> >> Jan

Uwe Schindler
Achterdiek 19, 28357 Bremen
https://www.thetaphi.de

Re: Moving usage documentation of Luke to Lucene Website

Michael Wechner
If you have time, that would probably be the easiest :-)

Thanks

Michael

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> sounds good to me :-)
>
> Would you like me to do a pull request or will you copy the README.md
> yourself?
>
> Thanks
>
> Michael
>
> Am 30.04.21 um 16:59 schrieb Robert Muir:
> > I'll throw out the idea of moving the README.md to
> > https://github.com/apache/lucene/tree/main/lucene/luke
> >
> > That way it is in the main source tree, versioned, and pushed as part
> > of the release process. We could then fix the gradle documentation
> > task to incorporate any module's README.md into the main release
> > documentation file (such as
> > https://lucene.apache.org/core/8_8_2/index.html). Also for now at
> > least, it would be visible from github too.
> >
> > On Fri, Apr 30, 2021 at 10:32 AM Jan Høydahl <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >> Hi
> >>
> >> That could be feasible. Have a look at the website git repo at https://github.com/apache/lucene-site.
> >> Should be fairly easy to move the Markdown files from github to this site, which also accepts Markdown...
> >>
> >> Jan

Uwe Schindler
Achterdiek 19, 28357 Bremen
https://www.thetaphi.de

Re: Moving usage documentation of Luke to Lucene Website

Tomoko Uchida
I just partially backported the patch on the 8x branch. See the issue how it looks like.

> Should I make a PR? If we use the markdown files from the old GitHub Location, we can easily publish them as part of official documentation.

Thank you Uwe. But I don't think it is very much meaningful to just copy the old repository's README or docs to our site. They are almost filled with its historical notes and outdated information.

Tomoko

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> sounds good to me :-)
>
> Would you like me to do a pull request or will you copy the README.md
> yourself?
>
> Thanks
>
> Michael
>
> Am 30.04.21 um 16:59 schrieb Robert Muir:
> > I'll throw out the idea of moving the README.md to
> > https://github.com/apache/lucene/tree/main/lucene/luke
> >
> > That way it is in the main source tree, versioned, and pushed as part
> > of the release process. We could then fix the gradle documentation
> > task to incorporate any module's README.md into the main release
> > documentation file (such as
> > https://lucene.apache.org/core/8_8_2/index.html). Also for now at
> > least, it would be visible from github too.
> >
> > On Fri, Apr 30, 2021 at 10:32 AM Jan Høydahl <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >> Hi
> >>
> >> That could be feasible. Have a look at the website git repo at https://github.com/apache/lucene-site.
> >> Should be fairly easy to move the Markdown files from github to this site, which also accepts Markdown...
> >>
> >> Jan

Uwe Schindler
Achterdiek 19, 28357 Bremen
https://www.thetaphi.de

Re: Moving usage documentation of Luke to Lucene Website

Michael Wechner
I would like to suggest, that we only copy the content from https://github.com/DmitryKey/luke#important-notice which still makes sense, like for example

- About Luke
- Launching Luke
- Search engines luke can deal with
- Brief project history

WDYT?

I can do this if nobody else has time, whereas let me know, so that we don't do the same thing twice :-)

Thanks

Michael

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> sounds good to me :-)
>
> Would you like me to do a pull request or will you copy the README.md
> yourself?
>
> Thanks
>
> Michael
>
> Am 30.04.21 um 16:59 schrieb Robert Muir:
> > I'll throw out the idea of moving the README.md to
> > https://github.com/apache/lucene/tree/main/lucene/luke
> >
> > That way it is in the main source tree, versioned, and pushed as part
> > of the release process. We could then fix the gradle documentation
> > task to incorporate any module's README.md into the main release
> > documentation file (such as
> > https://lucene.apache.org/core/8_8_2/index.html). Also for now at
> > least, it would be visible from github too.
> >
> > On Fri, Apr 30, 2021 at 10:32 AM Jan Høydahl <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >> Hi
> >>
> >> That could be feasible. Have a look at the website git repo at https://github.com/apache/lucene-site.
> >> Should be fairly easy to move the Markdown files from github to this site, which also accepts Markdown...
> >>
> >> Jan

Uwe Schindler
Achterdiek 19, 28357 Bremen
https://www.thetaphi.de

Re: Moving usage documentation of Luke to Lucene Website

Tomoko Uchida
Please feel free to make a PR if you'd like (with a Jira isssue could be better).
I just wanted to leave some comments about the contents.

> - About Luke
This would still makes sense to copy it to Lucene repo to me.

> - Launching Luke
This section has been outdated except for step 3.

> - Search engines luke can deal with
Personally I don't think we should mention/emphasize specific 3rd party projects on our official website.

> - Brief project history
This section is already included in Luke itself - its "About" dialog.

Tomoko

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> sounds good to me :-)
>
> Would you like me to do a pull request or will you copy the README.md
> yourself?
>
> Thanks
>
> Michael
>
> Am 30.04.21 um 16:59 schrieb Robert Muir:
> > I'll throw out the idea of moving the README.md to
> > https://github.com/apache/lucene/tree/main/lucene/luke
> >
> > That way it is in the main source tree, versioned, and pushed as part
> > of the release process. We could then fix the gradle documentation
> > task to incorporate any module's README.md into the main release
> > documentation file (such as
> > https://lucene.apache.org/core/8_8_2/index.html). Also for now at
> > least, it would be visible from github too.
> >
> > On Fri, Apr 30, 2021 at 10:32 AM Jan Høydahl <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >> Hi
> >>
> >> That could be feasible. Have a look at the website git repo at https://github.com/apache/lucene-site.
> >> Should be fairly easy to move the Markdown files from github to this site, which also accepts Markdown...
> >>
> >> Jan

Uwe Schindler
Achterdiek 19, 28357 Bremen
https://www.thetaphi.de

Re: Moving usage documentation of Luke to Lucene Website

Dmitry Kan-3
Hello!

Glad to see some docs Tomoko and I wrote years ago turned out be useful and on the way to Lucene's docs -- just a suggestion, that you could also have a link to older (pre 8.x) releases of luke, as it may well be there are users for those versions?

Best,

Dmitry

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> sounds good to me :-)
>
> Would you like me to do a pull request or will you copy the README.md
> yourself?
>
> Thanks
>
> Michael
>
> Am 30.04.21 um 16:59 schrieb Robert Muir:
> > I'll throw out the idea of moving the README.md to
> > https://github.com/apache/lucene/tree/main/lucene/luke
> >
> > That way it is in the main source tree, versioned, and pushed as part
> > of the release process. We could then fix the gradle documentation
> > task to incorporate any module's README.md into the main release
> > documentation file (such as
> > https://lucene.apache.org/core/8_8_2/index.html). Also for now at
> > least, it would be visible from github too.
> >
> > On Fri, Apr 30, 2021 at 10:32 AM Jan Høydahl <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >> Hi
> >>
> >> That could be feasible. Have a look at the website git repo at https://github.com/apache/lucene-site.
> >> Should be fairly easy to move the Markdown files from github to this site, which also accepts Markdown...
> >>
> >> Jan

Uwe Schindler
Achterdiek 19, 28357 Bremen
https://www.thetaphi.de

Re: Moving usage documentation of Luke to Lucene Website

Michael Wechner
Hi Together

I have made a draft of the README (including logos/images) at

https://github.com/wyona/apache-lucene-luke

Let me know what you think and I can copy it to

https://github.com/apache/lucene/tree/main/lucene/luke

and make a PR.

Thanks

Michael

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> sounds good to me :-)
>
> Would you like me to do a pull request or will you copy the README.md
> yourself?
>
> Thanks
>
> Michael
>
> Am 30.04.21 um 16:59 schrieb Robert Muir:
> > I'll throw out the idea of moving the README.md to
> > https://github.com/apache/lucene/tree/main/lucene/luke
> >
> > That way it is in the main source tree, versioned, and pushed as part
> > of the release process. We could then fix the gradle documentation
> > task to incorporate any module's README.md into the main release
> > documentation file (such as
> > https://lucene.apache.org/core/8_8_2/index.html). Also for now at
> > least, it would be visible from github too.
> >
> > On Fri, Apr 30, 2021 at 10:32 AM Jan Høydahl <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >> Hi
> >>
> >> That could be feasible. Have a look at the website git repo at https://github.com/apache/lucene-site.
> >> Should be fairly easy to move the Markdown files from github to this site, which also accepts Markdown...
> >>
> >> Jan

Uwe Schindler
Achterdiek 19, 28357 Bremen
https://www.thetaphi.de

Re: Moving usage documentation of Luke to Lucene Website

Tomoko Uchida
Hi Michael,
it looks fine to me; thanks for considering my suggestions.
It seems better to move the conversation to github; once you make a PR I'll take care of it.

Tomoko

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> sounds good to me :-)
>
> Would you like me to do a pull request or will you copy the README.md
> yourself?
>
> Thanks
>
> Michael
>
> Am 30.04.21 um 16:59 schrieb Robert Muir:
> > I'll throw out the idea of moving the README.md to
> > https://github.com/apache/lucene/tree/main/lucene/luke
> >
> > That way it is in the main source tree, versioned, and pushed as part
> > of the release process. We could then fix the gradle documentation
> > task to incorporate any module's README.md into the main release
> > documentation file (such as
> > https://lucene.apache.org/core/8_8_2/index.html). Also for now at
> > least, it would be visible from github too.
> >
> > On Fri, Apr 30, 2021 at 10:32 AM Jan Høydahl <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >> Hi
> >>
> >> That could be feasible. Have a look at the website git repo at https://github.com/apache/lucene-site.
> >> Should be fairly easy to move the Markdown files from github to this site, which also accepts Markdown...
> >>
> >> Jan

Uwe Schindler
Achterdiek 19, 28357 Bremen
https://www.thetaphi.de