MultifieldSolrQueryParser ?

Jérôme Etévé-2
Hi,
 Solr uses a default query parser which is a SolrQueryParser based on
a org.apache.lucene.queryParser.QueryParser;

I wonder which is the best way to make the IndexSchema use some kind
of MultifieldSolrQueryParser which could be based on a
org.apache.lucene.queryParser.MultiFieldQueryParser for per field
boost factor.

Thank you for any help !

Jerome.

--
Jerome Eteve.
[hidden email]
http://jerome.eteve.free.fr/

Re: MultifieldSolrQueryParser ?

Chris Hostetter-3

:
: I wonder which is the best way to make the IndexSchema use some kind
: of MultifieldSolrQueryParser which could be based on a
: org.apache.lucene.queryParser.MultiFieldQueryParser for per field
: boost factor.

The SolrQUeryParser is used by the StandaredRequestHandler for the "q"
param, but the DisMaxrequestHandler uses a custom query parser that does
pretty much exactly waht you describe -- without any of the quirky
limitations that the MultiFieldQueryParser has -- mainly because it
supports a much simpler syntax that avoids those quirks...

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/DisMaxRequestHandler

-Hoss