Must set up Solr on my web site's server, how can I fully integrate it? (noob)

Must set up Solr on my web site's server, how can I fully integrate it? (noob)

mace10
I apologize in advance that my knowledge isn't as expansive as I'm sure is the case with most of you, but nonetheless:

I've been messing around with Solr for a little while now, playing with the Jetty test server the download package provides, and exploring the localhost:8983 testing environment. I've learned how to manipulate and index various files via terminal and have successfully queried these files from the aforementioned test server. This is all good and fine, but I don't want to use a local testing server, nor the test .xml files Apache provides me with in the exampledocs directory.

I guess my complete question is how can I migrate the Solr package from Jetty to the server on which my site currently resides and furthermore, how can I index all of my text-containing files so they can be queried by my soon-to-be search UI?

This question may be much bigger than I realize, but if anyone can at least point me in a useful direction to maybe a comprehensive learning resource I would be infinitely appreciative. Thanks again.

Re: Must set up Solr on my web site's server, how can I fully integrate it? (noob)

Gora Mohanty-3
On 3 April 2012 21:37, mace10 <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]
> I guess my complete question is how can I migrate the Solr package from
> Jetty to the server on which my site currently resides and furthermore, how
> can I index all of my text-containing files so they can be queried by my
> soon-to-be search UI?
[...]

Not completely sure as to what you want, but my guess is that
you are after integrating Solr search into an existing site. If so,
the answer obviously depends on the technology that your site
uses. This link should help you get started:
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/IntegratingSolr

Regards,
Gora