Need some guidance to understand differences (infra, security etc) between LTS version and latest stable version.

Need some guidance to understand differences (infra, security etc) between LTS version and latest stable version.

suyog joshi
Hi Erik/Team,

Thanks for your help in previous query. Just have one other doubt, can you
please assist on it ?

Q - Are there any major differences between current LTS version(7.7.x) and
latest stable releases (8.x.x) in terms of security, stability, logging,
monitoring, authentication etc ?

Any inputs of links pointing out major differences will be helpful.

Note - As per your recommendation, mostly we will be going with 8.x.x only,
but would be really helpful to have any idea about such differences, which
directly impacts infra setup.

Kindly guide. Thanks !!

Regards,
Suyog Joshi

Sent from: https://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/Solr-User-f472068.html

Re: Need some guidance to understand differences (infra, security etc) between LTS version and latest stable version.

Erick Erickson
Please read through the release notes and the Solr and Lucene CHANGES.txt files then ask specific questions.

Best,
Erick

> On Nov 8, 2019, at 4:10 AM, suyog joshi <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Erik/Team,
>
> Thanks for your help in previous query. Just have one other doubt, can you
> please assist on it ?
>
> Q - Are there any major differences between current LTS version(7.7.x) and
> latest stable releases (8.x.x) in terms of security, stability, logging,
> monitoring, authentication etc ?
>
> Any inputs of links pointing out major differences will be helpful.
>
> Note - As per your recommendation, mostly we will be going with 8.x.x only,
> but would be really helpful to have any idea about such differences, which
> directly impacts infra setup.
>
> Kindly guide. Thanks !!
>
> Regards,
> Suyog Joshi

> Sent from: https://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/Solr-User-f472068.html

Re: Need some guidance to understand differences (infra, security etc) between LTS version and latest stable version.

suyog joshi
Sure, Thanks Erick for quick reply as always :)

Regards,
Suyog Joshi

--
Sent from: https://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/Solr-User-f472068.html