New branch and feature freeze for Lucene/Solr 8.6.0
Branch branch_8_6 has been cut and versions updated to 8.7 on stable branch.
Please observe the normal rules:
* No new features may be committed to the branch.
* Documentation patches, build patches and serious bug fixes may be committed to the branch. However, you should submit all patches you want to commit to Jira first to give others the chance to review and possibly vote against the patch. Keep in mind that it is our main intention to keep the branch as stable as possible.
* All patches that are intended for the branch should first be committed to the unstable branch, merged into the stable branch, and then into the current release branch.
* Normal unstable and stable branch development may continue as usual. However, if you plan to commit a big change to the unstable branch while the branch feature freeze is in effect, think twice: can't the addition wait a couple more days? Merges of bug fixes into the branch may become more difficult.
* Only Jira issues with Fix version 8.6 and priority "Blocker" will delay a release candidate build.