Next release?

Andrzej Białecki-2
Hi all,

I propose to start planning for the next release, and tentatively I
propose to schedule it for the beginning of April.

I'm going to close a lot of old and outdated issues in JIRA - other
committers, please do the same if you know that a given issue no longer
applies.

Out of the remaining open issues, we should resolve all with the blocker
/ major status, and of the type "bug". Then we can resolve as many as we
can from the remaining categories, depending on the votes and perceived
importance of the issue.

Any other suggestions?

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Bialecki     <><

Re: Next release?

Doğacan Güney-3
Hi,

On Tue, Feb 19, 2008 at 11:14 PM, Andrzej Bialecki <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I propose to start planning for the next release, and tentatively I
> propose to schedule it for the beginning of April.
>
> I'm going to close a lot of old and outdated issues in JIRA - other
> committers, please do the same if you know that a given issue no longer
> applies.

There are some issues I want to put in before a release. Most are trivial
but I would like to draw attention to NUTCH-442, as it is an issue that I
(and looking at its votes, others) want to see resolved before another
release. I really could use some review and suggestions there (well, I guess
I am partly to blame since I failed to update the patch after Enis's
comments).

Doğacan Güney

Re: Next release?

Dennis Kubes-2

Andrzej Bialecki wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I propose to start planning for the next release, and tentatively I
> propose to schedule it for the beginning of April.

Sounds good.

> I'm going to close a lot of old and outdated issues in JIRA - other
> committers, please do the same if you know that a given issue no longer
> applies.

Will try to do the same.

> Out of the remaining open issues, we should resolve all with the blocker
> / major status, and of the type "bug". Then we can resolve as many as we
> can from the remaining categories, depending on the votes and perceived
> importance of the issue.
>
> Any other suggestions?

There are a few things I have been working on that may be ready for this
release (maybe not):

1) Ordering inlinks by OPIC score, that way the best inlinks are saved
and indexed.
2) URL translation.  This would deal with having a tool to map url A to
url B and would run on fetched segments.
3) Maybe some better distributed search server management code (if time).

Dennis

Re: Next release?

Andrzej Białecki-2
Doğacan Güney wrote:

> There are some issues I want to put in before a release. Most are trivial
> but I would like to draw attention to NUTCH-442, as it is an issue that I
> (and looking at its votes, others) want to see resolved before another
> release. I really could use some review and suggestions there (well, I guess
> I am partly to blame since I failed to update the patch after Enis's
> comments).

I agree, this is an important issue.

Sigh, it's time to review this 200kB patch .. ;)

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Bialecki     <><