NoClassDefFoundError

Christine C Moran
For any attempted use of classes I know to be defined within the nutch-0.6
jar I am getting a NoClassDefFound error. It must be a simple classpath
error but I am having many troubles finding it.

For example

bash-2.05b$./bin/nutch admin db -create
run java in c:\j2sdk1.4.2_01
net/nutch/tools/WebDBAdminTool

Any help would be appreciated.

RE: NoClassDefFoundError

Chetan Sahasrabudhe
check your nutch-default.xml file available in nutch-0.6\conf folder
make sure you put searcher property to real path till nutch folder.
hopefully this shall work.

Regards
Chetan

Any help would be appreciated.

RE: NoClassDefFoundError

Christine C Moran
Chetan,

The searcher property is currently set to ".". Since I am running from the
nutch folder should be fine. I don't however a net directory within the
nutch folder, is it looking within this non existant ./net:/tools/
for the class? Should this path exist?

  Christine

On Mon, 6 Jun 2005, Chetan
Sahasrabudhe wrote:

> check your nutch-default.xml file available in nutch-0.6\conf folder
> make sure you put searcher property to real path till nutch folder.
> hopefully this shall work.
>
> Regards
> Chetan

Is your nutch.jar file included in class path.
Have you set all the env. var with right values.

try

CLASSPATH=$CLASSPATH;./nutch.jar
export CLASSPATH

I guess you should not have any problem as such.
In case you are having problem even after env. var checks and classpath settings.
try this command

java -classpath ./nutch.jar net.nutch.tools.WebDBAdminTool <<db folder path>> -create

Regards
Chetan

Tel +91-20-5652 5000 ext 2513

KPITCummins Infosystems Limited