Non ASF compatible license when using lucene/solr with an IDE?

Non ASF compatible license when using lucene/solr with an IDE?

pjaol
Setting up a head version of lucene / solr

The README.txt specifies

Apache Lucene/Solr

To setup your ide run 'ant idea' or 'ant eclipse'

I'm using eclipse, so I run 'ant eclipse' and find ...

get-je-jar:

    [mkdir] Created dir: /Users/pjaol/Documents/workspace/lucene_solr/lucene/contrib/db/bdb-je/lib

      [get] Getting: http://download.oracle.com/maven/com/sleepycat/je/3.3.93/je-3.3.93.jar

      [get] To: /Users/pjaol/Documents/workspace/lucene_solr/lucene/contrib/db/bdb-je/lib/je-3.3.93.jar

     [echo] Running Lucene contrib db/bdb task 'get-db-jar' ...

     [echo] Building bdb...

Why have I now just had to accept a non ASF compatible license to compile or work with lucene or solr?

And why was this downloaded without consent from the end user of accepting or being informed of a non ASF compatible license?

http://download.oracle.com/maven/com/sleepycat/je/license.txt

RE: Non ASF compatible license when using lucene/solr with an IDE?

steve_rowe

Hi Patrick,

FYI, the “idea” and the “get-maven-poms” targets do the same thing; when I set these up, I wanted to enable compilation of the full code base.

If you want something different, please submit patches to set it up.

Steve

http://download.oracle.com/maven/com/sleepycat/je/license.txt

Setting up a head version of lucene / solr

The README.txt specifies
Apache Lucene/Solr
To setup your ide run 'ant idea' or 'ant eclipse'

I'm using eclipse, so I run 'ant eclipse' and find ...

get-je-jar:
    [mkdir] Created dir: /Users/pjaol/Documents/workspace/lucene_solr/lucene/contrib/db/bdb-je/lib
      [get] To: /Users/pjaol/Documents/workspace/lucene_solr/lucene/contrib/db/bdb-je/lib/je-3.3.93.jar
     [echo] Running Lucene contrib db/bdb task 'get-db-jar' ...
     [echo] Building bdb...

Why have I now just had to accept a non ASF compatible license to compile or work with lucene or solr?
And why was this downloaded without consent from the end user of accepting or being informed of a non ASF compatible license?

Grant Ingersoll

Search the Lucene ecosystem docs using Solr/Lucene: