NumberTools - Range Searches

marc.dumontier
Hi,

I'm trying to do Range searches on a numeric field and have come across
the lexicographical behavior, such that

mylength: [0-2]

brings back values such as 1172

I've seen prior posts about the NumberTools class, and have indexed a
field using the longToString() method.

Do I have to rewrite the query to handle this field? I don't want
searches to have to looks something like

mylength: [00000000-00000002]

for example.

Any high level help or concrete examples would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Marc Dumontier
Manager, Software Development
Thomson Scientific (Canada)
1 Yonge Street, Suite 1801
Toronto, Ontario M5E 1W7

Direct +1 416 214 3448
Mobile +1 416 454 3147

Re: NumberTools - Range Searches

is_maximum
Hi
you may put two fields in your document one contains decoded values and
another is original values, but still you need to implement your query
builder so while searching you must specify the decoded filed and you show
the original field to the user

> I'm trying to do Range searches on a numeric field and have come across
> the lexicographical behavior, such that
>

> mylength: [0-2]
>

> brings back values such as 1172
>

> I've seen prior posts about the NumberTools class, and have indexed a
> field using the longToString() method.
>

> Do I have to rewrite the query to handle this field? I don't want
> searches to have to looks something like
>

> mylength: [00000000-00000002]
>

> for example.
>

> Any high level help or concrete examples would be much appreciated.
>

> Thanks,
>

> Marc Dumontier
> Manager, Software Development
> Thomson Scientific (Canada)