Nutch Search stats

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Nutch Search stats

Aled Jones
Hiya all

Does nutch save any of the search terms entered for stats purposes? E.g.
most commonly used terms and so on.

Pity but I can't come to the nutch-user meeting, an 11 hour flight too
far! ;-)

Cheers
Aled


###########################################

This message has been scanned by F-Secure Anti-Virus for Microsoft Exchange.
For more information, connect to http://www.f-secure.com/
************************************************************************
This e-mail and any attachments are strictly confidential and intended solely for the addressee. They may contain information which is covered by legal, professional or other privilege. If you are not the intended addressee, you must not copy the e-mail or the attachments, or use them for any purpose or disclose their contents to any other person. To do so may be unlawful. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify us as soon as possible and delete the message and attachments from all places in your computer where they are stored.

Although we have scanned this e-mail and any attachments for viruses, it is your responsibility to ensure that they are actually virus free.
 

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Nutch Search stats

Ravish Bhagdev
No.  Not at present (unless somone enlightens me)

R


On 4/21/06, Aled Jones <[hidden email]> wrote:

>
> Hiya all
>
> Does nutch save any of the search terms entered for stats purposes? E.g.
> most commonly used terms and so on.
>
> Pity but I can't come to the nutch-user meeting, an 11 hour flight too
> far! ;-)
>
> Cheers
> Aled
>
>
> ###########################################
>
> This message has been scanned by F-Secure Anti-Virus for Microsoft
> Exchange.
> For more information, connect to http://www.f-secure.com/
> ************************************************************************
> This e-mail and any attachments are strictly confidential and intended
> solely for the addressee. They may contain information which is covered by
> legal, professional or other privilege. If you are not the intended
> addressee, you must not copy the e-mail or the attachments, or use them for
> any purpose or disclose their contents to any other person. To do so may be
> unlawful. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify us
> as soon as possible and delete the message and attachments from all places
> in your computer where they are stored.
>
> Although we have scanned this e-mail and any attachments for viruses, it
> is your responsibility to ensure that they are actually virus free.
>
>
>
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Nutch Search stats

bgoffe
Nutch doesn't save it, but at least you can find the search terms in your
Tomcat logs. Granted, it would take some processing, but it would seem to
be useful. Here's an entry from mine today:
  127.0.0.1 - - [21/Apr/2006:08:00:48 -0500] "GET
     /search.jsp?query=irreversible+investment HTTP/1.1" 200 7176

    - Bill


Ravish Bhagdev said:

> No.  Not at present (unless somone enlightens me)
>
> R
>
>
> On 4/21/06, Aled Jones <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hiya all
> >
> > Does nutch save any of the search terms entered for stats purposes? E.g.
> > most commonly used terms and so on.
> >
> > Pity but I can't come to the nutch-user meeting, an 11 hour flight too
> > far! ;-)
> >
> > Cheers
> > Aled
> >
> >
> > ###########################################
> >
> > This message has been scanned by F-Secure Anti-Virus for Microsoft
> > Exchange.
> > For more information, connect to http://www.f-secure.com/
> > ************************************************************************
> > This e-mail and any attachments are strictly confidential and intended
> > solely for the addressee. They may contain information which is covered by
> > legal, professional or other privilege. If you are not the intended
> > addressee, you must not copy the e-mail or the attachments, or use them for
> > any purpose or disclose their contents to any other person. To do so may be
> > unlawful. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify us
> > as soon as possible and delete the message and attachments from all places
> > in your computer where they are stored.
> >
> > Although we have scanned this e-mail and any attachments for viruses, it
> > is your responsibility to ensure that they are actually virus free.
> >
> >
> >
> >

--
         *------------------------------------------------------*
         | Bill Goffe                 [hidden email]          |
         | Department of Economics    voice: (315) 312-3444     |
         | SUNY Oswego                fax:   (315) 312-5444     |
         | 416 Mahar Hall             <http://cook.rfe.org>     |          
         | Oswego, NY  13126                                    |
*--------*------------------------------------------------------*-----------*
| "I was finding it extremely irritating [a fruit fly experiment]. We had   |
| already pretty much prepared our paper and we just needed to know when    |
| these flies were going to die. They kept living on and on. At some point, |
| it occurred to us that maybe something is happening here that we should   |
| be paying attention to."                                                  |
|  -- Dr. Stephen L. Helfand describing how they found one fruit fly gene,  |
|     which they dubbed INDY (I'm Not Dead Yet) extended the lives of fruit |
|     flies by 50%. Fly geneticists had look for such a gene for nearly     |
|     a century until Helfand and his group stumbled across it. "I'm Not    |
|     Dead Yet: Stumbling on a Genetic Mutation That Lives Up to Its Name," |
|     Gina Kolata, New York Times, December 15, 2000                        |
*---------------------------------------------------------------------------*

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Nutch Search stats

Berlin Brown
I would search on Luke and Nutch through google.  Luke is a tool that
collects information through the index files.  Interesting that Luke
is a swinglet based application that is composed of a small set of
java source, maybe a couple of thousand lines of code.  And you get a
wealth of information on the index files.

My only problem is that Luke seems to work only on index directories
whereas nutch seems to be a collection of segment/index directories,
sometimes a little cumbersome.

On 4/21/06, Bill Goffe <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Nutch doesn't save it, but at least you can find the search terms in your
> Tomcat logs. Granted, it would take some processing, but it would seem to
> be useful. Here's an entry from mine today:
>   127.0.0.1 - - [21/Apr/2006:08:00:48 -0500] "GET
>      /search.jsp?query=irreversible+investment HTTP/1.1" 200 7176
>
>     - Bill
>
>
> Ravish Bhagdev said:
>
> > No.  Not at present (unless somone enlightens me)
> >
> > R
> >
> >
> > On 4/21/06, Aled Jones <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hiya all
> > >
> > > Does nutch save any of the search terms entered for stats purposes? E.g.
> > > most commonly used terms and so on.
> > >
> > > Pity but I can't come to the nutch-user meeting, an 11 hour flight too
> > > far! ;-)
> > >
> > > Cheers
> > > Aled
> > >
> > >
> > > ###########################################
> > >
> > > This message has been scanned by F-Secure Anti-Virus for Microsoft
> > > Exchange.
> > > For more information, connect to http://www.f-secure.com/
> > > ************************************************************************
> > > This e-mail and any attachments are strictly confidential and intended
> > > solely for the addressee. They may contain information which is covered by
> > > legal, professional or other privilege. If you are not the intended
> > > addressee, you must not copy the e-mail or the attachments, or use them for
> > > any purpose or disclose their contents to any other person. To do so may be
> > > unlawful. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify us
> > > as soon as possible and delete the message and attachments from all places
> > > in your computer where they are stored.
> > >
> > > Although we have scanned this e-mail and any attachments for viruses, it
> > > is your responsibility to ensure that they are actually virus free.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
>
> --
>          *------------------------------------------------------*
>          | Bill Goffe                 [hidden email]          |
>          | Department of Economics    voice: (315) 312-3444     |
>          | SUNY Oswego                fax:   (315) 312-5444     |
>          | 416 Mahar Hall             <http://cook.rfe.org>     |
>          | Oswego, NY  13126                                    |
> *--------*------------------------------------------------------*-----------*
> | "I was finding it extremely irritating [a fruit fly experiment]. We had   |
> | already pretty much prepared our paper and we just needed to know when    |
> | these flies were going to die. They kept living on and on. At some point, |
> | it occurred to us that maybe something is happening here that we should   |
> | be paying attention to."                                                  |
> |  -- Dr. Stephen L. Helfand describing how they found one fruit fly gene,  |
> |     which they dubbed INDY (I'm Not Dead Yet) extended the lives of fruit |
> |     flies by 50%. Fly geneticists had look for such a gene for nearly     |
> |     a century until Helfand and his group stumbled across it. "I'm Not    |
> |     Dead Yet: Stumbling on a Genetic Mutation That Lives Up to Its Name," |
> |     Gina Kolata, New York Times, December 15, 2000                        |
> *---------------------------------------------------------------------------*
>
>