Nutch Training Seminar

12

Nutch Training Seminar

Dennis Kubes-2
Would anybody be interested in a Nutch training seminar that goes over
the following:

1) Installing and configuration of Nutch
2) Crawling the web, the CrawlDb, and URL filters
3) Parsing and Parse filters
4) Nutch plugins and plugin architecture
5) Analysis, Link analysis, and scoring
6) Indexing and custom fields
7) Deployment, shard architecture
8) Writing custom tools for Nutch
9) Hadoop architecture

Are there other things people would want to go over?

Dennis

Re: Nutch Training Seminar

Ronny-28
Where is the venue mate Sir :-)
> Would anybody be interested in a Nutch training seminar that goes over
> the following:
>
> 1) Installing and configuration of Nutch
> 2) Crawling the web, the CrawlDb, and URL filters
> 3) Parsing and Parse filters
> 4) Nutch plugins and plugin architecture
> 5) Analysis, Link analysis, and scoring
> 6) Indexing and custom fields
> 7) Deployment, shard architecture
> 8) Writing custom tools for Nutch
> 9) Hadoop architecture
>
> Are there other things people would want to go over?
>
> Dennis

8:17 AM

Re: Nutch Training Seminar

Francesc Bruguera
Yes
I'm interested!

________________________________

RE: Nutch Training Seminar

Davide.D'ALESSANDRO
I'm interested, of course!

Davide

Re: Nutch Training Seminar

John Logan-2
Dennis,

I would be interested in a training seminar.

Thanks,

John

Dennis Kubes wrote:

> Would anybody be interested in a Nutch training seminar that goes over
> the following:
>
> 1) Installing and configuration of Nutch
> 2) Crawling the web, the CrawlDb, and URL filters
> 3) Parsing and Parse filters
> 4) Nutch plugins and plugin architecture
> 5) Analysis, Link analysis, and scoring
> 6) Indexing and custom fields
> 7) Deployment, shard architecture
> 8) Writing custom tools for Nutch
> 9) Hadoop architecture
>
> Are there other things people would want to go over?
>
> Dennis

Re: Nutch Training Seminar

Dennis Kubes-2
Don't know what the venue would be.  Could be done over the web.  Right
now I am trying to gauge if there is enough interest in it, which looks
like there is.

Dennis

John Logan wrote:

> Dennis,
>
> I would be interested in a training seminar.
>
> Thanks,
>
> John
>
> Dennis Kubes wrote:
>> Would anybody be interested in a Nutch training seminar that goes over
>> the following:
>>
>> 1) Installing and configuration of Nutch
>> 2) Crawling the web, the CrawlDb, and URL filters
>> 3) Parsing and Parse filters
>> 4) Nutch plugins and plugin architecture
>> 5) Analysis, Link analysis, and scoring
>> 6) Indexing and custom fields
>> 7) Deployment, shard architecture
>> 8) Writing custom tools for Nutch
>> 9) Hadoop architecture
>>
>> Are there other things people would want to go over?
>>
>> Dennis

Re: Nutch Training Seminar

ML mail
I would also be very interested!

Regards

> Don't know what the venue would be.  Could be done over
> the web.  Right
> now I am trying to gauge if there is enough interest in it,
> which looks
> like there is.
>
> Dennis
>
> John Logan wrote:
> > Dennis,
> >
> > I would be interested in a training seminar.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > John
> >
> > Dennis Kubes wrote:
> >> Would anybody be interested in a Nutch training
> seminar that goes over
> >> the following:
> >>
> >> 1) Installing and configuration of Nutch
> >> 2) Crawling the web, the CrawlDb, and URL filters
> >> 3) Parsing and Parse filters
> >> 4) Nutch plugins and plugin architecture
> >> 5) Analysis, Link analysis, and scoring
> >> 6) Indexing and custom fields
> >> 7) Deployment, shard architecture
> >> 8) Writing custom tools for Nutch
> >> 9) Hadoop architecture
> >>
> >> Are there other things people would want to go
> over?
> >>
> >> Dennis

RE: Nutch Training Seminar

Joe Andrieu
I'm definitely interested.

-j

--
Joe Andrieu
SwitchBook

Re: Nutch Training Seminar

Lukáš Vlček
Dennis,you can count with me as well.
Lukas

http://blog.lukas-vlcek.com/

Re: Nutch Training Seminar

jamesaharvey
I'm in.

On Fri, Nov 28, 2008 at 8:23 PM, Lukáš Vlček <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dennis,you can count with me as well.
> Lukas
>
> On Sat, Nov 29, 2008 at 1:39 AM, Joe Andrieu <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > I'm definitely interested.
> >
> > -j
> >
> > --
> > Joe Andrieu
> > SwitchBook
> > http://www.switchbook.com
> > [hidden email]
> > +1 (805) 705-8651

Re: Nutch Training Seminar

Guillermo Garrido

> Would anybody be interested in a Nutch training seminar that goes over
> the following:

I'd definitely be interested (given it's hold over the web)

--
guille

Re: Nutch Training Seminar

ML mail
Hey Rony I think your computer clock is 6 years behind ;-) your mails are posted with year 2002...

Greetings

> > Would anybody be interested in a Nutch training
> seminar that goes over
> > the following:
> >
> > 1) Installing and configuration of Nutch
> > 2) Crawling the web, the CrawlDb, and URL filters
> > 3) Parsing and Parse filters
> > 4) Nutch plugins and plugin architecture
> > 5) Analysis, Link analysis, and scoring
> > 6) Indexing and custom fields
> > 7) Deployment, shard architecture
> > 8) Writing custom tools for Nutch
> > 9) Hadoop architecture
> >
> > Are there other things people would want to go over?
> >
> > Dennis

> Date: 11/28/2008
> 8:17 AM

Re: Nutch Training Seminar

alxsss

 I am interested.

Re: Nutch Training Seminar

David Grandinetti
I'm interested.

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 28, 2008, at 5:26, Dennis Kubes <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Would anybody be interested in a Nutch training seminar that goes
> over the following:
>
> 1) Installing and configuration of Nutch
> 2) Crawling the web, the CrawlDb, and URL filters
> 3) Parsing and Parse filters
> 4) Nutch plugins and plugin architecture
> 5) Analysis, Link analysis, and scoring
> 6) Indexing and custom fields
> 7) Deployment, shard architecture
> 8) Writing custom tools for Nutch
> 9) Hadoop architecture
>
> Are there other things people would want to go over?
>
> Dennis

Re: Nutch Training Seminar

Dennis Kubes-2
Ok.  Seems like a lot of people are interested.  I will put something
together and keep everyone up to date.  Thanks to everyone who responded.

Dennis

Dennis Kubes wrote:

> Would anybody be interested in a Nutch training seminar that goes over
> the following:
>
> 1) Installing and configuration of Nutch
> 2) Crawling the web, the CrawlDb, and URL filters
> 3) Parsing and Parse filters
> 4) Nutch plugins and plugin architecture
> 5) Analysis, Link analysis, and scoring
> 6) Indexing and custom fields
> 7) Deployment, shard architecture
> 8) Writing custom tools for Nutch
> 9) Hadoop architecture
>
> Are there other things people would want to go over?
>
> Dennis

Re: Nutch Training Seminar

Kalaimathan Mahenthiran
I would be interested.

On Fri, Nov 28, 2008 at 5:26 AM, Dennis Kubes <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Would anybody be interested in a Nutch training seminar that goes over the
> following:
>
> 1) Installing and configuration of Nutch
> 2) Crawling the web, the CrawlDb, and URL filters
> 3) Parsing and Parse filters
> 4) Nutch plugins and plugin architecture
> 5) Analysis, Link analysis, and scoring
> 6) Indexing and custom fields
> 7) Deployment, shard architecture
> 8) Writing custom tools for Nutch
> 9) Hadoop architecture
>
> Are there other things people would want to go over?
>
> Dennis

Re: Nutch Training Seminar

LAWRENCE PITCHER
Iam interested

On Sat, Nov 29, 2008 at 1:23 PM, <[hidden email]> wrote:

>  I am interested.

RE: Nutch Training Seminar

Windflying-2
I'm interested.

Cheeres,

Dennis Kubes wrote:

> Would anybody be interested in a Nutch training seminar that goes over
> the following:
>
> 1) Installing and configuration of Nutch
> 2) Crawling the web, the CrawlDb, and URL filters
> 3) Parsing and Parse filters
> 4) Nutch plugins and plugin architecture
> 5) Analysis, Link analysis, and scoring
> 6) Indexing and custom fields
> 7) Deployment, shard architecture
> 8) Writing custom tools for Nutch
> 9) Hadoop architecture
>
> Are there other things people would want to go over?
>
> Dennis

a qusetion

Fu Chen
Nutch\nutch-0.9\build.xml:61: Specify at least one source--a file or resource collection.
I want to builder Nutch. But I get the error build.xml:61: Specify at
least one source--a file or resource collection.when I use ant.

Could anyone tell me how to fix it? Thank you very much.

Fu. Chen
2008-12-1

Best Regards
Fu Chen (??)
---------------
Inst.Service Science&Technology
Room 1-211, Future Internet Technology Research Center(FIT)
Tsinghua University, 100084, Beijing, China
Tel: 86-10-62603217-823,86-13520253784(mobile)
E_Mail:[hidden email];[hidden email]
http://nmgroup.tsinghua.edu.cn/cn/people_asso.htm

Re: Nutch Training Seminar

David Jashi