Nutch Vs. other indexers

Tonal Web Design - Stijn
I'm using this mostly for site search, I have access to the database, would
it just be better to use Lucene and index my database instead of using
nutch? Is there application that's better suited for indexing a database
that uses Lucene, and preferably outputs opensearch XML?

Tonal web design and hosting
http://tonalweb.com
eCommerce development & marketing

Re: Nutch Vs. other indexers

Otis Gospodnetic-2-2
If you are indexing a DB, don't use Nutch.  Use Lucene.  Doing it manually is easy enough (get rows via JDBC, convert them to Lucene Documents with appropriate fields), etc.  There are also commercial solutions like DbSight.

Otis