Nutch Wiki migrated

Sebastian Nagel
Hi all,

the Nutch wiki has been migrated from MoinMoin to Confluence.

You'll find it now on
  https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NUTCH/Home

Work on improving the Wiki - updating information and moving outdated stuff
into "Archive and Legacy" - is ongoing. Help is welcome, if you want to
contribute documentation please read
  https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NUTCH/Home#Home-HowtoeditthisWiki

Cheers,
Sebastian

Re: Nutch Wiki migrated

kamaci
Hi Sebastian,

It seems that we need to organize wiki pages. There are 110 child pages, and some of them are useless (i.e. https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NUTCH/PythonLanguage). We can create a Google Docs document or something like that to gather suggestions of the new wiki structure?

Kind Regards,
Furkan KAMACI

On Fri, Jul 26, 2019 at 12:39 PM Sebastian Nagel <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

the Nutch wiki has been migrated from MoinMoin to Confluence.

You'll find it now on
  https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NUTCH/Home

Work on improving the Wiki - updating information and moving outdated stuff
into "Archive and Legacy" - is ongoing. Help is welcome, if you want to
contribute documentation please read
  https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NUTCH/Home#Home-HowtoeditthisWiki

Cheers,
Sebastian

Re: Nutch Wiki migrated

Sebastian Nagel
Hi Furkan,

yes, of course. The Confluence wiki provides a useful tree view
which was absent in the MoinMoin wiki. And we need to organize
the page list into a real tree to make the navigation easier.
In the old wiki there was only the start/home page for navigation.
Of course, we could just start with this tree-like structure.

I've already started to move the obviously outdated stuff
("Nutch 0.9 tutorial" etc.) below "Archive and Legacy".
It's unbelievable how many outdated stuff we have. In the
old wiki it was just invisible.

There are other pages which are just stub such as
  https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NUTCH/PythonLanguage
Let's just remove it. - I've did right now.

If you could help here, feel free to carry on. Thanks!

> or something like that to gather suggestions of the new wiki structure?

Let's just start a wiki page to collectively develop and discuss the structure.
Here it is:
  https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NUTCH/Wiki+Page+Tree+Structure
If you have good ideas, just go on!

Thanks,