Nutch on Windows

climbingrose
I'm new to Nutch and don't have a Linux machine ready atm. Does any
have a Windows equipvalent to nutch.sh script? I tried to run Nutch
under Cygwin but kept getting NullPointerException.

Cuong Hoang

Re: Nutch on Windows

Piotr Kosiorowski
Nutch is running fine on Windows under cygwin. If you send where you got
NullPointerException sobody will help you for sure. But I would assume
you got it while searching because the directory you started the tomcat
from did not contain "segments" directory generated while fetching -
this is probably the most common NullPointerException for someone
starting with nutch on all platforms (not only on Windows).
Regards,
Piotr

Cuong Viet Hoang wrote:
> I'm new to Nutch and don't have a Linux machine ready atm. Does any
> have a Windows equipvalent to nutch.sh script? I tried to run Nutch
> under Cygwin but kept getting NullPointerException.

Re: Nutch on Windows

climbingrose
I'm thinking of rewriting the script for Windows. Is there the only
requirement to run nutch on Windows? I read the instruction and it
says Nutch needs Cygwin just for a shell. My opinion is, many
developers are running Windows and it's a bit annoying to install
Cygwin just to get a shell for running the software.

I figure out the NPE I had was to do with 'urls' file.