OpenJDK vs OracleJDK, which is preferred when running hadoop cluster?

OpenJDK vs OracleJDK, which is preferred when running hadoop cluster?

Yatong Zhang
Hi there,
When I use cassandra and I was told OracleJDK is preferred because it was more stable. So is this also a recommendation for Hadoop?

Re: OpenJDK vs OracleJDK, which is preferred when running hadoop cluster?

Ted Yu-3
Have you seen this thread ?

http://search-hadoop.com/m/2IKo3PPbun1/Hadoop+openjdk&subj=RE+OpenJDK+

> Hi there,
> When I use cassandra and I was told OracleJDK is preferred because it was more stable. So is this also a recommendation for Hadoop?

Re: OpenJDK vs OracleJDK, which is preferred when running hadoop cluster?

daemeon reiydelle
Formally OpenJDK is not supported as of a recent posting, and I have had incompatibility issues myself. This is a work in progress so YMMV.

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a
pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming “Wow! What a Ride!”

- Hunter Thompson

Daemeon C.M. Reiydelle
USA (+1) 415.501.0198
London (+44) (0) 20 8144 9872