Optimum way to find all document without particular field

Optimum way to find all document without particular field

Allahbaksh Mohammedali Asadullah
Hi,
What is the optimum way in which I can find all the document which has particular field in it.

Example
I want to find all the document in which the field text is not null.

Regards,
Allahbaksh

Allahbaksh Mohammedali Asadullah,
Software Engineering & Technology Labs,
Infosys Technolgies Limited, Electronics City,
Hosur Road, Bangalore 560 100, India.
*Board: +91-80-28520261 | Extn: 53915 | Direct: 41173915.
Fax: +91-80-28520362 | Mobile: +91-9845505322.
http://setlabs/slim/
http://allahbaksh.blogspot.com<http://allahbaksh.blogspot.com/>

Infosys e-mail system.

Re: Optimum way to find all document without particular field

zhaoxueqing
all the document?

how about to create a new index which hold the field all  which you want to find.?

like database

every document like a table

you can not search a field from all table directly.

but

you can build a view use union. or a new table hold  the field you need only.

Infosys e-mail system.

Re: Optimum way to find all document without particular field

Ganesh - yahoo
Allahbaksh,

I don't think, Lucene could filter out Null and Not null values.

In case if the field value is Null, index the field with value <<NULL>>. To
find all the documents which the field is not null,  Search the field, which
does not contain the value <<NULL>>.

Regards
Ganesh

What is the optimum way in which I can find all the document which has
particular field in it.

Example
I want to find all the document in which the field text is not null.

Regards,
Allahbaksh

Allahbaksh Mohammedali Asadullah,
Software Engineering & Technology Labs,
Infosys Technolgies Limited, Electronics City,
Hosur Road, Bangalore 560 100, India.
*Board: +91-80-28520261 | Extn: 53915 | Direct: 41173915.
Fax: +91-80-28520362 | Mobile: +91-9845505322.
http://setlabs/slim/
http://allahbaksh.blogspot.com<http://allahbaksh.blogspot.com/>

for the use of the addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient,
please
notify the sender by e-mail and delete the original message. Further, you
are not
to copy, disclose, or distribute this e-mail or its contents to any other
person and
any such actions are unlawful. This e-mail may contain viruses. Infosys has
taken
every reasonable precaution to minimize this risk, but is not liable for any
damage
you may sustain as a result of any virus in this e-mail. You should carry
out your
own virus checks before opening the e-mail or attachment. Infosys reserves
the
right to monitor and review the content of all messages sent to or from this
e-mail
Infosys e-mail system.

Re: Optimum way to find all document without particular field

Ganesh - yahoo

> I don't think, Lucene could filter out Null and Not null values.
>
> In case if the field value is Null, index the field with value <<NULL>>.
> To find all the documents which the field is not null,  Search the field,
> which does not contain the value <<NULL>>.
>
> Regards
> Ganesh

chrislusf
Allahbaksh,

If you ONLY want to find all document with a particular field that is
not null, you can loop through the TermEnum and TermDocs to find all the
document ids.
But this can not easily be combined with other queries.

--

Chris Lu

-------------------------

site: http://www.dbsight.net

demo: http://search.dbsight.com

Lucene Database Search in 3 minutes: http://wiki.dbsight.com/index.php?title=Create_Lucene_Database_Search_in_3_minutes

DBSight customer, a shopping comparison site, (anonymous per request) got 2.6 Million Euro funding!

Allahbaksh Mohammedali Asadullah wrote:

> Hi,
> What is the optimum way in which I can find all the document which has particular field in it.
>
> Example
> I want to find all the document in which the field text is not null.
>
> Regards,
> Allahbaksh
>
> Allahbaksh Mohammedali Asadullah,
> Software Engineering & Technology Labs,
> Infosys Technolgies Limited, Electronics City,
> Hosur Road, Bangalore 560 100, India.
> *Board: +91-80-28520261 | Extn: 53915 | Direct: 41173915.
> Fax: +91-80-28520362 | Mobile: +91-9845505322.
> http://setlabs/slim/
> http://allahbaksh.blogspot.com<http://allahbaksh.blogspot.com/>

> Infosys e-mail system.

Re: Optimum way to find all document without particular field

Shashi Kant-2
A simple solution would be to store the string "NULL" instead of null and
then query.

On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 1:26 PM, Chris Lu <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Allahbaksh,
>
> If you ONLY want to find all document with a particular field that is not
> null, you can loop through the TermEnum and TermDocs to find all the
> document ids.
> But this can not easily be combined with other queries.
>
> --
>
> Chris Lu
>
> -------------------------

> site: http://www.dbsight.net
>
> demo: http://search.dbsight.com
>
> Lucene Database Search in 3 minutes:
> http://wiki.dbsight.com/index.php?title=Create_Lucene_Database_Search_in_3_minutes
>
> DBSight customer, a shopping comparison site, (anonymous per request) got
> 2.6 Million Euro funding!
>

> Allahbaksh Mohammedali Asadullah wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> What is the optimum way in which I can find all the document which has
>> particular field in it.
>>
>> Example
>> I want to find all the document in which the field text is not null.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Allahbaksh
>>
>> Allahbaksh Mohammedali Asadullah,
>> Software Engineering & Technology Labs,
>> Infosys Technolgies Limited, Electronics City,
>> Hosur Road, Bangalore 560 100, India.
>> *Board: +91-80-28520261 | Extn: 53915 | Direct: 41173915.
>> Fax: +91-80-28520362 | Mobile: +91-9845505322.
>> http://setlabs/slim/
>> http://allahbaksh.blogspot.com<http://allahbaksh.blogspot.com/>
>>

>> **************** CAUTION - Disclaimer *****************
>> This e-mail contains PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION intended
>> solely for the use of the addressee(s). If you are not the intended
>> recipient, please notify the sender by e-mail and delete the original
>> message. Further, you are not to copy, disclose, or distribute this e-mail
>> or its contents to any other person and any such actions are unlawful. This
>> e-mail may contain viruses. Infosys has taken every reasonable precaution to
>> minimize this risk, but is not liable for any damage you may sustain as a
>> result of any virus in this e-mail. You should carry out your own virus
>> checks before opening the e-mail or attachment. Infosys reserves the right
>> to monitor and review the content of all messages sent to or from this
>> e-mail address. Messages sent to or from this e-mail address may be stored
>> on the Infosys e-mail system.
>> ***INFOSYS******** End of Disclaimer ********INFOSYS***

Re: Optimum way to find all document without particular field

Well, you could construct a Filter as you were looping and use
the Filter with your queries....

Erick

On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 1:26 PM, Chris Lu <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Allahbaksh,
>
> If you ONLY want to find all document with a particular field that is not
> null, you can loop through the TermEnum and TermDocs to find all the
> document ids.
> But this can not easily be combined with other queries.
>
> --
>
> Chris Lu
>
> -------------------------

> site: http://www.dbsight.net
>
> demo: http://search.dbsight.com
>
> Lucene Database Search in 3 minutes:
> http://wiki.dbsight.com/index.php?title=Create_Lucene_Database_Search_in_3_minutes
>
> DBSight customer, a shopping comparison site, (anonymous per request) got
> 2.6 Million Euro funding!
>

> Allahbaksh Mohammedali Asadullah wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> What is the optimum way in which I can find all the document which has
>> particular field in it.
>>
>> Example
>> I want to find all the document in which the field text is not null.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Allahbaksh
>>
>> Allahbaksh Mohammedali Asadullah,
>> Software Engineering & Technology Labs,
>> Infosys Technolgies Limited, Electronics City,
>> Hosur Road, Bangalore 560 100, India.
>> *Board: +91-80-28520261 | Extn: 53915 | Direct: 41173915.
>> Fax: +91-80-28520362 | Mobile: +91-9845505322.
>> http://setlabs/slim/
>> http://allahbaksh.blogspot.com<http://allahbaksh.blogspot.com/>
>>

>> **************** CAUTION - Disclaimer *****************
>> This e-mail contains PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION intended
>> solely for the use of the addressee(s). If you are not the intended
>> recipient, please notify the sender by e-mail and delete the original
>> message. Further, you are not to copy, disclose, or distribute this e-mail
>> or its contents to any other person and any such actions are unlawful. This
>> e-mail may contain viruses. Infosys has taken every reasonable precaution to
>> minimize this risk, but is not liable for any damage you may sustain as a
>> result of any virus in this e-mail. You should carry out your own virus
>> checks before opening the e-mail or attachment. Infosys reserves the right
>> to monitor and review the content of all messages sent to or from this
>> e-mail address. Messages sent to or from this e-mail address may be stored
>> on the Infosys e-mail system.
>> ***INFOSYS******** End of Disclaimer ********INFOSYS***

RE: Optimum way to find all document without particular field

Uwe Schindler
To find all document, that not contain a term, you can combine a
MatchAllDocsQuery with BooleanClause.Occur.MUST, combined with one or more
TermQueries with BooleanClause.Occur.MUST_NOT (the terms you do not want in
the documents).

-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen
http://www.thetaphi.de
eMail: [hidden email]

Erick Erickson
Remember, though, that this won't work *unless* there is
a value to exclude, thus several of the suggestions to
index a special token in the relevant field that's guaranteed
to not be something you ever want to legitimately
search on.

Erick

On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 2:10 PM, Uwe Schindler <[hidden email]> wrote:

> To find all document, that not contain a term, you can combine a
> MatchAllDocsQuery with BooleanClause.Occur.MUST, combined with one or more
> TermQueries with BooleanClause.Occur.MUST_NOT (the terms you do not want in
> the documents).
>
> -----
> Uwe Schindler
> H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen
> http://www.thetaphi.de
> eMail: [hidden email]

Daniel Noll-3-2
Chris Lu wrote:
> Allahbaksh,
>
> If you ONLY want to find all document with a particular field that is
> not null, you can loop through the TermEnum and TermDocs to find all the
> document ids.
> But this can not easily be combined with other queries.

Surely this would be equivalent to a PrefixQuery with a prefix of "".
Assuming the query parser is well behaved (I can no longer remember
whether the default one is or not), field:* should create one.

This is assuming you have already indexed the data.  If you can reindex
then clearly adding a placeholder value for "no content" is more efficient.

Daniel

--
Daniel Noll                            Forensic and eDiscovery Software
Senior Developer                              The world's most advanced