Output all, from one field

Jörg Agatz
Hallo,

I search for a way, to output all content from one field..

Like name:

"NAME:*"

And Solr gifs me all Names

or "color:*"

and i become all colors

can io do this? or is this Impossible?

Jörg

Re: Output all, from one field

Shalin Shekhar Mangar
On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 4:29 PM, Jörg Agatz <[hidden email]>wrote:

> Hallo,
>
> I search for a way, to output all content from one field..
>
> Like name:
>
> "NAME:*"
>
> And Solr gifs me all Names
>
> or "color:*"
>
> and i become all colors
>
> can io do this? or is this Impossible?

Do you want to return just one field from all documents? If yes, you can:

   1. Query with q=*:*&fl=name
   2. Use TermsComponent - http://wiki.apache.org/solr/TermsComponent

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.

Re: Output all, from one field

hossman

: Do you want to return just one field from all documents? If yes, you can:
:
:    1. Query with q=*:*&fl=name
:    2. Use TermsComponent - http://wiki.apache.org/solr/TermsComponent

note that those are very differnet creatures ... #1 gives you all of the
stored values for every document.  #2 gives you all of the indexed terms
(some of which may have all come from a single indexed value)

Re: Output all, from one field

Shalin Shekhar Mangar
On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 2:31 AM, Chris Hostetter
<[hidden email]>wrote:

> : Do you want to return just one field from all documents? If yes, you can:
> :
> :    1. Query with q=*:*&fl=name
> :    2. Use TermsComponent - http://wiki.apache.org/solr/TermsComponent
>
> note that those are very differnet creatures ... #1 gives you all of the
> stored values for every document.  #2 gives you all of the indexed terms
> (some of which may have all come from a single indexed value)

That is true but the OP did not specify which he wants. Thanks for the
clarification though, I forgot to specify that.

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.