Overlapping onDeckSearchers=2 with autocommit?

Overlapping onDeckSearchers=2 with autocommit?

Ryan McKinley
In solrconfig.xml I have:

<updateHandler class="solr.DirectUpdateHandler2">
    <autoCommit>
      <maxDocs>25000</maxDocs>
      <maxTime>60000</maxTime> <!-- 1 min -->
    </autoCommit>
    <autoSoftCommit>
      <maxTime>5000</maxTime>
    </autoSoftCommit>
  </updateHandler>

Using /trunk, when indexing a bunch of docs with
ConcurrentUpdateSolrServer, I eventually see the log message:

PERFORMANCE WARNING: Overlapping onDeckSearchers=2

should this be possible?

I have seen a bunch of activity recently about autocommit -- should I
dig deeper and see if I see something, or is this expected since my
hardware may not be keeping up?

thanks
ryan

Re: Overlapping onDeckSearchers=2 with autocommit?

Yonik Seeley-2-2
On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 4:17 PM, Ryan McKinley <[hidden email]> wrote:

> In solrconfig.xml I have:
>
> <updateHandler class="solr.DirectUpdateHandler2">
>    <autoCommit>
>      <maxDocs>25000</maxDocs>
>      <maxTime>60000</maxTime> <!-- 1 min -->
>    </autoCommit>
>    <autoSoftCommit>
>      <maxTime>5000</maxTime>
>    </autoSoftCommit>
>  </updateHandler>
>
> Using /trunk, when indexing a bunch of docs with
> ConcurrentUpdateSolrServer, I eventually see the log message:
>
> PERFORMANCE WARNING: Overlapping onDeckSearchers=2
>
> should this be possible?

Yes, it seems possible.
For autoCommit, you may want to use openSearcher=false, just make sure
it's from trunk after April 23rd.

-Yonik
lucenerevolution.com - Lucene/Solr Open Source Search Conference.
Boston May 7-10

Re: Overlapping onDeckSearchers=2 with autocommit?

Ryan McKinley
thanks!

adding <openSearcher>false</openSearcher>  avoids the warning