PDFBox in ApacheCon

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
12 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

PDFBox in ApacheCon

Jukka Zitting
Hi Ben,

[Cc'ing the Tika development mailing list and Jeremias Maerki]

I saw your note on www.pdfbox.org mentioning that you're coming to
ApacheCon US and would like to discuss the future of PDFBox. I
understand you've already been talking with the FOP people, and would
be interested in perhaps bringing PDFBox to the Apache Incubator.

The incubating Apache Tika (see [1] and [2]) project would be very
interested in such developments, as we're using PDFBox as a dependency
and will in future quite likely end up with various feature requests
and other wishes (hopefully also patches :-) for PDFBox.

I will also be attending ApacheCon US, and would very much like to
catch up with you there.

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/tika/
[2] http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/TikaProposal

BR,

Jukka Zitting
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: PDFBox in ApacheCon

Jeremias Maerki-2
(No need to CC me as I'm monitoring the Tika list.)

Having another project around with interest to incubate PDFBox makes it
more likely to happen. I won't be at ApacheCON US but I'm happy to drop
in virtually via Skype video conference as time zone differences allow.

Jeremias Maerki



On 08.10.2007 01:24:09 Jukka Zitting wrote:

> Hi Ben,
>
> [Cc'ing the Tika development mailing list and Jeremias Maerki]
>
> I saw your note on www.pdfbox.org mentioning that you're coming to
> ApacheCon US and would like to discuss the future of PDFBox. I
> understand you've already been talking with the FOP people, and would
> be interested in perhaps bringing PDFBox to the Apache Incubator.
>
> The incubating Apache Tika (see [1] and [2]) project would be very
> interested in such developments, as we're using PDFBox as a dependency
> and will in future quite likely end up with various feature requests
> and other wishes (hopefully also patches :-) for PDFBox.
>
> I will also be attending ApacheCon US, and would very much like to
> catch up with you there.
>
> [1] http://incubator.apache.org/tika/
> [2] http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/TikaProposal
>
> BR,
>
> Jukka Zitting

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: PDFBox in ApacheCon

Ben Litchfield
Jeremias/Jukka,

Sounds good to me, I get into Atlanta early evening on Tuesday and  
leave Saturday.  I don't have anything specific planned for PDFBox yet  
so I'm open for anytime.

On Wednesday the sessions don't start until 10:30, if you'll be there  
we could meet up before then, and I assume an earlier time would make  
it easier to Jeremias to participate.

Ben



Quoting Jeremias Maerki <[hidden email]>:

> (No need to CC me as I'm monitoring the Tika list.)
>
> Having another project around with interest to incubate PDFBox makes it
> more likely to happen. I won't be at ApacheCON US but I'm happy to drop
> in virtually via Skype video conference as time zone differences allow.
>
> Jeremias Maerki
>
>
>
> On 08.10.2007 01:24:09 Jukka Zitting wrote:
>> Hi Ben,
>>
>> [Cc'ing the Tika development mailing list and Jeremias Maerki]
>>
>> I saw your note on www.pdfbox.org mentioning that you're coming to
>> ApacheCon US and would like to discuss the future of PDFBox. I
>> understand you've already been talking with the FOP people, and would
>> be interested in perhaps bringing PDFBox to the Apache Incubator.
>>
>> The incubating Apache Tika (see [1] and [2]) project would be very
>> interested in such developments, as we're using PDFBox as a dependency
>> and will in future quite likely end up with various feature requests
>> and other wishes (hopefully also patches :-) for PDFBox.
>>
>> I will also be attending ApacheCon US, and would very much like to
>> catch up with you there.
>>
>> [1] http://incubator.apache.org/tika/
>> [2] http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/TikaProposal
>>
>> BR,
>>
>> Jukka Zitting
>
>



Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: PDFBox in ApacheCon

Jukka Zitting
Hi,

On 10/8/07, Ben Litchfield <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Sounds good to me, I get into Atlanta early evening on Tuesday and
> leave Saturday.  I don't have anything specific planned for PDFBox yet
> so I'm open for anytime.
>
> On Wednesday the sessions don't start until 10:30, if you'll be there
> we could meet up before then, and I assume an earlier time would make
> it easier to Jeremias to participate.

OK, cool. Let's target for Wednesday morning and coordinate better
closer to the event.

BR,

Jukka Zitting
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: PDFBox in ApacheCon

Jeremias Maerki-2
Good, I reserved the day in my calendar. I should be available until
10pm my time that day.
http://www.worldtimeserver.com/meeting-planner-times.aspx?&L0=US-GA&L1=CH&L2=&L3=&L4=&Day=14&Mon=11&Y=2007

Jeremias Maerki



On 11.10.2007 11:27:33 Jukka Zitting wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 10/8/07, Ben Litchfield <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Sounds good to me, I get into Atlanta early evening on Tuesday and
> > leave Saturday.  I don't have anything specific planned for PDFBox yet
> > so I'm open for anytime.
> >
> > On Wednesday the sessions don't start until 10:30, if you'll be there
> > we could meet up before then, and I assume an earlier time would make
> > it easier to Jeremias to participate.
>
> OK, cool. Let's target for Wednesday morning and coordinate better
> closer to the event.
>
> BR,
>
> Jukka Zitting

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: PDFBox in ApacheCon

Jukka Zitting
In reply to this post by Jukka Zitting
Hi,

On Oct 11, 2007 11:27 AM, Jukka Zitting <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On 10/8/07, Ben Litchfield <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > On Wednesday the sessions don't start until 10:30, if you'll be there
> > we could meet up before then, and I assume an earlier time would make
> > it easier to Jeremias to participate.
>
> OK, cool. Let's target for Wednesday morning and coordinate better
> closer to the event.

Assuming we're still all set for Wednesday, I propose that we target
noon Atlanta time (6pm CET)  since the conference opening and keynote
start already at 9am. There's a 1.5 hour lunch break at noon, so I
guess we'll have enough time for the chat and a lunch after that.

I didn't remember to bring my webcam and microphone, but I hope
there's someone with enough equipment to set up a Skype conference. If
there are other people interested in PDFBox, then you're welcome to
attend.

Ben, if you're around already at 6 pm on Tuesday evening, Covalent
hosts an ASF party to which I'd like to invite you (unless you've
already been invited :-) as a special guest. Otherwise we can try
hooking up on Wednesday morning. To help you find me, there's a
reasonably recent (though I'm no longer blonde) photo of me at
http://cmf2007.dk/speakers/jukka_zitting. If needed, my cell phone
number is +358 50 529 4158.

BR,

Jukka Zitting
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: PDFBox in ApacheCon

Bertrand Delacretaz-2
On 11/12/07, Jukka Zitting <[hidden email]> wrote:

> ...I didn't remember to bring my webcam and microphone, but I hope
> there's someone with enough equipment to set up a Skype conference...

I'll be there with my macbook webcam and a good headphone mike, might work.

Noon Atlanta time at ApacheCon is fine with me, my picture is at
http://codeconsult.ch/content/company-info.html - I suggest that we
annouce a meeting point here, once we find a suitable one (I'm not at
the conference yet).

-Bertrand
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: PDFBox in ApacheCon

Ben Litchfield
In reply to this post by Jukka Zitting
Quoting Jukka Zitting <[hidden email]>:

> Hi,
>
> On Oct 11, 2007 11:27 AM, Jukka Zitting <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> On 10/8/07, Ben Litchfield <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > On Wednesday the sessions don't start until 10:30, if you'll be there
>> > we could meet up before then, and I assume an earlier time would make
>> > it easier to Jeremias to participate.
>>
>> OK, cool. Let's target for Wednesday morning and coordinate better
>> closer to the event.
>
> Assuming we're still all set for Wednesday, I propose that we target
> noon Atlanta time (6pm CET)  since the conference opening and keynote
> start already at 9am. There's a 1.5 hour lunch break at noon, so I
> guess we'll have enough time for the chat and a lunch after that.
>
> I didn't remember to bring my webcam and microphone, but I hope
> there's someone with enough equipment to set up a Skype conference. If
> there are other people interested in PDFBox, then you're welcome to
> attend.
>
> Ben, if you're around already at 6 pm on Tuesday evening, Covalent
> hosts an ASF party to which I'd like to invite you (unless you've
> already been invited :-) as a special guest. Otherwise we can try
> hooking up on Wednesday morning. To help you find me, there's a
> reasonably recent (though I'm no longer blonde) photo of me at
> http://cmf2007.dk/speakers/jukka_zitting. If needed, my cell phone
> number is +358 50 529 4158.
>
> BR,
>
> Jukka Zitting
>

Wednesday at noon works for me and as long as I don't run into any  
travel delays I'd love to attend the Covalent ASF Party.  Is that at  
the hotel or offsite?

Ben





Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: PDFBox in ApacheCon

Bertrand Delacretaz-2
In reply to this post by Jeremias Maerki-2
On 10/8/07, Jeremias Maerki <[hidden email]> wrote:
> ...I won't be at ApacheCON US but I'm happy to drop
> in virtually via Skype video conference as time zone differences allow...

Looks like we'll meet Ben at noon, Atlanta time, on Wednesday. Ping me
if you want us to call you via skype video.

-Bertrand
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: PDFBox in ApacheCon

Jeremias Maerki-2
I'll be online. Time marked in my calendar. Looking forward to it!

Jeremias Maerki



On 13.11.2007 01:56:44 Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> On 10/8/07, Jeremias Maerki <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > ...I won't be at ApacheCON US but I'm happy to drop
> > in virtually via Skype video conference as time zone differences allow...
>
> Looks like we'll meet Ben at noon, Atlanta time, on Wednesday. Ping me
> if you want us to call you via skype video.
>
> -Bertrand

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: PDFBox in ApacheCon

Jukka Zitting
Hi,

The morning sessions tomorrow actually end at 12:30 instead of 12:00,
so we'll do the chat at 12:30 (18:30 CET). Let's meet in the Hackathon
room on 8th floor.

Jeremias, it might take us a few minutes to organize and get
connected, so don't worry if we're not showing up exactly at 12:30.

BR,

Jukka Zitting
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: PDFBox in ApacheCon

Jeremias Maerki-2
No problem. Make sure you don't starve to death! :-)

Jeremias Maerki



On 14.11.2007 05:35:01 Jukka Zitting wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The morning sessions tomorrow actually end at 12:30 instead of 12:00,
> so we'll do the chat at 12:30 (18:30 CET). Let's meet in the Hackathon
> room on 8th floor.
>
> Jeremias, it might take us a few minutes to organize and get
> connected, so don't worry if we're not showing up exactly at 12:30.
>
> BR,
>
> Jukka Zitting