PLEASE READ and look at SOLR-11934 about cleaning up Solr logging

PLEASE READ and look at SOLR-11934 about cleaning up Solr logging

Erick Erickson
I’ve been given two sets of log files to analyze, only done one so far so results may change based on analyzing the next set. See the comment earlier today.

I propose demoting a number of logging calls from INFO to DEBUG, the justification is in that JIRA. Speak up soon!

The criticism that these stats could be skewed by this particular sample is valid, but unless I get more than two it’s all I really have to work with.

Please discuss on the JIRA if you have comments, I’m sending this since I don’t want changing these to come as a surprise.