[POLL] Where do you get Lucene/Solr from? Maven? ASF Mirrors?

123

[POLL] Where do you get Lucene/Solr from? Maven? ASF Mirrors?

Grant Ingersoll-2
As devs of Lucene/Solr, due to the way ASF mirrors, etc. works, we really don't have a good sense of how people get Lucene and Solr for use in their application.  Because of this, there has been some talk of dropping Maven support for Lucene artifacts (or at least make them external).  Before we do that, I'd like to conduct an informal poll of actual users out there and see how you get Lucene or Solr.

Where do you get your Lucene/Solr downloads from?

[] ASF Mirrors (linked in our release announcements or via the Lucene website)

[] Maven repository (whether you use Maven, Ant+Ivy, Buildr, etc.)

[] I/we build them from source via an SVN/Git checkout.

[] Other (someone in your company mirrors them internally or via a downstream project)

Please put an X in the box that applies to you.  Multiple selections are OK (for instance, if one project uses a mirror and another uses Maven)

Please do not turn this thread into a discussion on Maven and it's (de)merits, I simply want to know, informally, where people get their JARs from.  In other words, no discussion is necessary (we already have that going on [hidden email] which you are welcome to join.)

Thanks,
Grant

Re: [POLL] Where do you get Lucene/Solr from? Maven? ASF Mirrors?

Markus Jelsma-2

> [X] ASF Mirrors (linked in our release announcements or via the Lucene
> website)
>
> [] Maven repository (whether you use Maven, Ant+Ivy, Buildr, etc.)
>
> [X] I/we build them from source via an SVN/Git checkout.
>
> [] Other (someone in your company mirrors them internally or via a
> downstream project)

Re: [POLL] Where do you get Lucene/Solr from? Maven? ASF Mirrors?

Luka Stojanovic

Where do you get your Lucene/Solr downloads from?

[] ASF Mirrors (linked in our release announcements or via the Lucene
  website)

[X] Maven repository (whether you use Maven, Ant+Ivy, Buildr, etc.)

--
Luka Stojanovic
[hidden email]

Re: [POLL] Where do you get Lucene/Solr from? Maven? ASF Mirrors?

Grant Ingersoll-4
And here's mine:

On Jan 18, 2011, at 4:04 PM, Grant Ingersoll wrote:

> Where do you get your Lucene/Solr downloads from?
>
> [] ASF Mirrors (linked in our release announcements or via the Lucene website)
>
> [x] Maven repository (whether you use Maven, Ant+Ivy, Buildr, etc.)
>
> [x] I/we build them from source via an SVN/Git checkout.

[] Other (someone in your company mirrors them internally or via a
downstream project)

Re: [POLL] Where do you get Lucene/Solr from? Maven? ASF Mirrors?

Philip Puffinburger
> Where do you get your Lucene/Solr downloads from?
>
> [] ASF Mirrors (linked in our release announcements or via the Lucene website)
>
> [X] Maven repository (whether you use Maven, Ant+Ivy, Buildr, etc.)
>
> [] I/we build them from source via an SVN/Git checkout.
>
> [] Other (someone in your company mirrors them internally or via a downstream project)
>
> Please put an X in the box that applies to you.  Multiple selections are OK (for instance, if one project uses a mirror and another uses Maven)

Re: [POLL] Where do you get Lucene/Solr from? Maven? ASF Mirrors?

robo -

On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 1:24 PM, Glen Newton <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Where do you get your Lucene/Solr downloads from?
>
> [x] ASF Mirrors (linked in our release announcements or via the Lucene website)
>
> [] Maven repository (whether you use Maven, Ant+Ivy, Buildr, etc.)
>
> [] I/we build them from source via an SVN/Git checkout.
>

> -Glen Newton
>

> --
>
> -

RE: [POLL] Where do you get Lucene/Solr from? Maven? ASF Mirrors?

steve_rowe
> [x] ASF Mirrors (linked in our release announcements or via the Lucene
> website)
>
> [x] Maven repository (whether you use Maven, Ant+Ivy, Buildr, etc.)
>
> [x] I/we build them from source via an SVN/Git checkout.

Re: [POLL] Where do you get Lucene/Solr from? Maven? ASF Mirrors?

Earl Hood
> Where do you get your Lucene/Solr downloads from?
>
> [X] ASF Mirrors (linked in our release announcements or via the Lucene website)

--ewh

Beatriz Nombela Escobar

Re: [POLL] Where do you get Lucene/Solr from? Maven? ASF Mirrors?

Ian Lea
> Where do you get your Lucene/Solr downloads from?
>
> [X] ASF Mirrors (linked in our release announcements or via the Lucene website)
>
> [] Maven repository (whether you use Maven, Ant+Ivy, Buildr, etc.)
>
> [] I/we build them from source via an SVN/Git checkout.
>
> [] Other (someone in your company mirrors them internally or via a downstream project)
>
> Please put an X in the box that applies to you.  Multiple selections are OK (for instance, if one project uses a mirror and another uses Maven)

Re: [POLL] Where do you get Lucene/Solr from? Maven? ASF Mirrors?

Ryan McKinley

> Where do you get your Lucene/Solr downloads from?
>
> [] ASF Mirrors (linked in our release announcements or via the Lucene website)
>
> [X] Maven repository (whether you use Maven, Ant+Ivy, Buildr, etc.)
>
> [X] I/we build them from source via an SVN/Git checkout.

Re: [POLL] Where do you get Lucene/Solr from? Maven? ASF Mirrors?

Lukas Kahwe Smith

On 18.01.2011, at 22:04, Grant Ingersoll wrote:

> As devs of Lucene/Solr, due to the way ASF mirrors, etc. works, we really don't have a good sense of how people get Lucene and Solr for use in their application.  Because of this, there has been some talk of dropping Maven support for Lucene artifacts (or at least make them external).  Before we do that, I'd like to conduct an informal poll of actual users out there and see how you get Lucene or Solr.
>
> Where do you get your Lucene/Solr downloads from?
>
> [X] ASF Mirrors (linked in our release announcements or via the Lucene website)
>
> [] Maven repository (whether you use Maven, Ant+Ivy, Buildr, etc.)
>
> [X] I/we build them from source via an SVN/Git checkout.
>
> [] Other (someone in your company mirrors them internally or via a downstream project)

regards,
Lukas Kahwe Smith

Re: [POLL] Where do you get Lucene/Solr from? Maven? ASF Mirrors?

iorixxx
> [] ASF Mirrors (linked in our release announcements or via
> the Lucene website)
>
> [X] Maven repository (whether you use Maven, Ant+Ivy,
> Buildr, etc.)
>
> [] I/we build them from source via an SVN/Git checkout.
>
> [] Other (someone in your company mirrors them internally
> or via a downstream project)

Re: [POLL] Where do you get Lucene/Solr from? Maven? ASF Mirrors?

Christopher St John
On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 3:04 PM, Grant Ingersoll <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Where do you get your Lucene/Solr downloads from?
>
> [] ASF Mirrors (linked in our release announcements or via the Lucene website)
>
> [x] Maven repository (whether you use Maven, Ant+Ivy, Buildr, etc.)
>
> [] I/we build them from source via an SVN/Git checkout.
>
> [] Other (someone in your company mirrors them internally or via a downstream project)

Re: [POLL] Where do you get Lucene/Solr from? Maven? ASF Mirrors?

Cristian Vat
> [X] ASF Mirrors (linked in our release announcements or via the Lucene website)
>
> [] Maven repository (whether you use Maven, Ant+Ivy, Buildr, etc.)
>
> [] I/we build them from source via an SVN/Git checkout.
>
> [] Other (someone in your company mirrors them internally or via a downstream project)

Re: [POLL] Where do you get Lucene/Solr from? Maven? ASF Mirrors?

Tommaso Teofili

2011/1/18 Grant Ingersoll <[hidden email]>

> As devs of Lucene/Solr, due to the way ASF mirrors, etc. works, we really
> don't have a good sense of how people get Lucene and Solr for use in their
> application.  Because of this, there has been some talk of dropping Maven
> support for Lucene artifacts (or at least make them external).  Before we do
> that, I'd like to conduct an informal poll of actual users out there and see
> how you get Lucene or Solr.
>
> Where do you get your Lucene/Solr downloads from?
>
> [] ASF Mirrors (linked in our release announcements or via the Lucene
> website)
>
> [] Maven repository (whether you use Maven, Ant+Ivy, Buildr, etc.)
>
> [] I/we build them from source via an SVN/Git checkout.
>
> [] Other (someone in your company mirrors them internally or via a
> downstream project)
>
> Please put an X in the box that applies to you.  Multiple selections are OK
> (for instance, if one project uses a mirror and another uses Maven)
>
> Please do not turn this thread into a discussion on Maven and it's
> (de)merits, I simply want to know, informally, where people get their JARs
> from.  In other words, no discussion is necessary (we already have that
> going on [hidden email] which you are welcome to join.)
>
> Thanks,
> Grant

123