Pause duration alert on Name Node

sandeep vura
Hi Hadoop experts,

We are getting continuous Pause duration alert from Standby NN.

Current configuration for Java heap size of NN : 7.8 GB

When we checked NN webUI heap memory used 7.5 GB of 7.8 GB heap memory.

Please suggest how to fix this.

Thanks
sandeep

Re: Pause duration alert on Name Node

Anu Engineer

Here is an excellent article written by Chris Nauroth on how to tune GC.

https://community.hortonworks.com/articles/14170/namenode-garbage-collection-configuration-best-pra.html

Here is another guide that explains the relative file objects size and GC settings.

https://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDP2/HDP-2.4.2/bk_installing_manually_book/content/ref-80953924-1cbf-4655-9953-1e744290a6c3.1.html

Since you mentioned pause as an issue, this might help you.

https://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/Ambari-2.2.2.0/bk_Ambari_Users_Guide/content/_tuning_garbage_collection.html

--Anu