Planning for 3.0.0-alpha2

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Planning for 3.0.0-alpha2

Andrew Wang
Hi folks,

It's been a month since 3.0.0-alpha1, and we've been incorporating fixes
based on downstream feedback. Thus, it's getting to be time for
3.0.0-alpha2. I'm using this JIRA query to track open issues:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20in%20(HADOOP%2C%20HDFS%2C%20MAPREDUCE%2C%20YARN)%20AND%20%22Target%20Version%2Fs%22%20in%20(3.0.0-alpha2%2C%203.0.0-beta1%2C%202.8.0)%20AND%20statusCategory%20not%20in%20(Complete)%20ORDER%20BY%20priority

If alpha2 goes well, we can declare feature freeze, cut branch-3, and move
onto beta1. My plan for the 3.0.0 release timeline looks like this:

* alpha2 in early November
* beta1 in early Jan
* GA in early March

I'd appreciate everyone's help in resolving blocker and critical issues on
the above JIRA search.

Thanks,
Andrew
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Planning for 3.0.0-alpha2

Andrew Wang
Hi folks,

Thanks to the hard work of many contributors, we've been steadily burning
down alpha2 blockers. There are only 4 remaining, three of which are PA and
likely to be committed shortly.

Once those three go in (hopefully this week), I'm going to cut the alpha2
branch and wait for that last blocker. Normal development activity can
continue on trunk and branch-2, and doesn't need to be committed to the
alpha2 branch.

Since we still have some significant code to wrap up (Tomcat->Jetty
conversion, EC work, rolling upgrade compatibility), it's likely there will
also be an alpha3 before we freeze for beta1. I've updated the Hadoop 3
wiki page [1] to reflect this.

Thanks,
Andrew

[1]: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/HADOOP/Hadoop+3.0.0+release

On Mon, Oct 17, 2016 at 1:57 PM, Andrew Wang <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> It's been a month since 3.0.0-alpha1, and we've been incorporating fixes
> based on downstream feedback. Thus, it's getting to be time for
> 3.0.0-alpha2. I'm using this JIRA query to track open issues:
>
> <a href="https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20in%">https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20in%
> 20(HADOOP%2C%20HDFS%2C%20MAPREDUCE%2C%20YARN)%20AND%
> 20%22Target%20Version%2Fs%22%20in%20(3.0.0-alpha2%2C%203.0.
> 0-beta1%2C%202.8.0)%20AND%20statusCategory%20not%20in%
> 20(Complete)%20ORDER%20BY%20priority
>
> If alpha2 goes well, we can declare feature freeze, cut branch-3, and move
> onto beta1. My plan for the 3.0.0 release timeline looks like this:
>
> * alpha2 in early November
> * beta1 in early Jan
> * GA in early March
>
> I'd appreciate everyone's help in resolving blocker and critical issues on
> the above JIRA search.
>
> Thanks,
> Andrew
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Planning for 3.0.0-alpha2

Andrew Wang
Heads up that I'm branching for 3.0.0-alpha2 and moving out targets
versions. We're waiting on one last blocker which is in final stages of
review.

Best,
Andrew

On Wed, Jan 4, 2017 at 11:15 AM, Andrew Wang <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> Thanks to the hard work of many contributors, we've been steadily burning
> down alpha2 blockers. There are only 4 remaining, three of which are PA and
> likely to be committed shortly.
>
> Once those three go in (hopefully this week), I'm going to cut the alpha2
> branch and wait for that last blocker. Normal development activity can
> continue on trunk and branch-2, and doesn't need to be committed to the
> alpha2 branch.
>
> Since we still have some significant code to wrap up (Tomcat->Jetty
> conversion, EC work, rolling upgrade compatibility), it's likely there will
> also be an alpha3 before we freeze for beta1. I've updated the Hadoop 3
> wiki page [1] to reflect this.
>
> Thanks,
> Andrew
>
> [1]: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/HADOOP/
> Hadoop+3.0.0+release
>
> On Mon, Oct 17, 2016 at 1:57 PM, Andrew Wang <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> It's been a month since 3.0.0-alpha1, and we've been incorporating fixes
>> based on downstream feedback. Thus, it's getting to be time for
>> 3.0.0-alpha2. I'm using this JIRA query to track open issues:
>>
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20in%20(
>> HADOOP%2C%20HDFS%2C%20MAPREDUCE%2C%20YARN)%20AND%20%
>> 22Target%20Version%2Fs%22%20in%20(3.0.0-alpha2%2C%203.0.0-
>> beta1%2C%202.8.0)%20AND%20statusCategory%20not%20in%20(
>> Complete)%20ORDER%20BY%20priority
>>
>> If alpha2 goes well, we can declare feature freeze, cut branch-3, and
>> move onto beta1. My plan for the 3.0.0 release timeline looks like this:
>>
>> * alpha2 in early November
>> * beta1 in early Jan
>> * GA in early March
>>
>> I'd appreciate everyone's help in resolving blocker and critical issues
>> on the above JIRA search.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Andrew
>>
>
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Planning for 3.0.0-alpha2

Andrew Wang
I've branched branch-3.0.0-alpha2 and moved out the target versions except
for our last blocker to a new 3.0.0-alpha3 version.

Business can continue as usual, please just set target/fix versions of
3.0.0-alpha3 now instead of 3.0.0-alpha2.

Thanks,
Andrew

On Thu, Jan 19, 2017 at 3:52 PM, Andrew Wang <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Heads up that I'm branching for 3.0.0-alpha2 and moving out targets
> versions. We're waiting on one last blocker which is in final stages of
> review.
>
> Best,
> Andrew
>
> On Wed, Jan 4, 2017 at 11:15 AM, Andrew Wang <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> Thanks to the hard work of many contributors, we've been steadily burning
>> down alpha2 blockers. There are only 4 remaining, three of which are PA and
>> likely to be committed shortly.
>>
>> Once those three go in (hopefully this week), I'm going to cut the alpha2
>> branch and wait for that last blocker. Normal development activity can
>> continue on trunk and branch-2, and doesn't need to be committed to the
>> alpha2 branch.
>>
>> Since we still have some significant code to wrap up (Tomcat->Jetty
>> conversion, EC work, rolling upgrade compatibility), it's likely there will
>> also be an alpha3 before we freeze for beta1. I've updated the Hadoop 3
>> wiki page [1] to reflect this.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Andrew
>>
>> [1]: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/HADOOP/Hado
>> op+3.0.0+release
>>
>> On Mon, Oct 17, 2016 at 1:57 PM, Andrew Wang <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi folks,
>>>
>>> It's been a month since 3.0.0-alpha1, and we've been incorporating fixes
>>> based on downstream feedback. Thus, it's getting to be time for
>>> 3.0.0-alpha2. I'm using this JIRA query to track open issues:
>>>
>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20in%20(H
>>> ADOOP%2C%20HDFS%2C%20MAPREDUCE%2C%20YARN)%20AND%20%22Target%
>>> 20Version%2Fs%22%20in%20(3.0.0-alpha2%2C%203.0.0-beta1%2C%
>>> 202.8.0)%20AND%20statusCategory%20not%20in%20(Complete)%
>>> 20ORDER%20BY%20priority
>>>
>>> If alpha2 goes well, we can declare feature freeze, cut branch-3, and
>>> move onto beta1. My plan for the 3.0.0 release timeline looks like this:
>>>
>>> * alpha2 in early November
>>> * beta1 in early Jan
>>> * GA in early March
>>>
>>> I'd appreciate everyone's help in resolving blocker and critical issues
>>> on the above JIRA search.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Andrew
>>>
>>
>>
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Planning for 3.0.0-alpha2

Sangjin Lee
It looks like hadoop-cloud-storage-project was missed in the version set?

On Thu, Jan 19, 2017 at 4:19 PM, Andrew Wang <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> I've branched branch-3.0.0-alpha2 and moved out the target versions except
> for our last blocker to a new 3.0.0-alpha3 version.
>
> Business can continue as usual, please just set target/fix versions of
> 3.0.0-alpha3 now instead of 3.0.0-alpha2.
>
> Thanks,
> Andrew
>
> On Thu, Jan 19, 2017 at 3:52 PM, Andrew Wang <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Heads up that I'm branching for 3.0.0-alpha2 and moving out targets
> > versions. We're waiting on one last blocker which is in final stages of
> > review.
> >
> > Best,
> > Andrew
> >
> > On Wed, Jan 4, 2017 at 11:15 AM, Andrew Wang <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> Hi folks,
> >>
> >> Thanks to the hard work of many contributors, we've been steadily
> burning
> >> down alpha2 blockers. There are only 4 remaining, three of which are PA
> and
> >> likely to be committed shortly.
> >>
> >> Once those three go in (hopefully this week), I'm going to cut the
> alpha2
> >> branch and wait for that last blocker. Normal development activity can
> >> continue on trunk and branch-2, and doesn't need to be committed to the
> >> alpha2 branch.
> >>
> >> Since we still have some significant code to wrap up (Tomcat->Jetty
> >> conversion, EC work, rolling upgrade compatibility), it's likely there
> will
> >> also be an alpha3 before we freeze for beta1. I've updated the Hadoop 3
> >> wiki page [1] to reflect this.
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> Andrew
> >>
> >> [1]: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/HADOOP/Hado
> >> op+3.0.0+release
> >>
> >> On Mon, Oct 17, 2016 at 1:57 PM, Andrew Wang <[hidden email]>
> >> wrote:
> >>
> >>> Hi folks,
> >>>
> >>> It's been a month since 3.0.0-alpha1, and we've been incorporating
> fixes
> >>> based on downstream feedback. Thus, it's getting to be time for
> >>> 3.0.0-alpha2. I'm using this JIRA query to track open issues:
> >>>
> >>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20in%20(H
> >>> ADOOP%2C%20HDFS%2C%20MAPREDUCE%2C%20YARN)%20AND%20%22Target%
> >>> 20Version%2Fs%22%20in%20(3.0.0-alpha2%2C%203.0.0-beta1%2C%
> >>> 202.8.0)%20AND%20statusCategory%20not%20in%20(Complete)%
> >>> 20ORDER%20BY%20priority
> >>>
> >>> If alpha2 goes well, we can declare feature freeze, cut branch-3, and
> >>> move onto beta1. My plan for the 3.0.0 release timeline looks like
> this:
> >>>
> >>> * alpha2 in early November
> >>> * beta1 in early Jan
> >>> * GA in early March
> >>>
> >>> I'd appreciate everyone's help in resolving blocker and critical issues
> >>> on the above JIRA search.
> >>>
> >>> Thanks,
> >>> Andrew
> >>>
> >>
> >>
> >
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Planning for 3.0.0-alpha2

Akira Ajisaka-2
Thanks Sangjin for finding this.

 > It looks like hadoop-cloud-storage-project was missed in the version set?

Yes. Probably this is because

   <module>hadoop-cloud-storage-project</module>

is missing in pom.xml so `mvn versions:set` did not work for the
project. Filed HADOOP-14004 for fixing this.

Regards,
Akira

On 2017/01/20 14:09, Sangjin Lee wrote:

> It looks like hadoop-cloud-storage-project was missed in the version set?
>
> On Thu, Jan 19, 2017 at 4:19 PM, Andrew Wang <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> I've branched branch-3.0.0-alpha2 and moved out the target versions except
>> for our last blocker to a new 3.0.0-alpha3 version.
>>
>> Business can continue as usual, please just set target/fix versions of
>> 3.0.0-alpha3 now instead of 3.0.0-alpha2.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Andrew
>>
>> On Thu, Jan 19, 2017 at 3:52 PM, Andrew Wang <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Heads up that I'm branching for 3.0.0-alpha2 and moving out targets
>>> versions. We're waiting on one last blocker which is in final stages of
>>> review.
>>>
>>> Best,
>>> Andrew
>>>
>>> On Wed, Jan 4, 2017 at 11:15 AM, Andrew Wang <[hidden email]>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>>> Hi folks,
>>>>
>>>> Thanks to the hard work of many contributors, we've been steadily
>> burning
>>>> down alpha2 blockers. There are only 4 remaining, three of which are PA
>> and
>>>> likely to be committed shortly.
>>>>
>>>> Once those three go in (hopefully this week), I'm going to cut the
>> alpha2
>>>> branch and wait for that last blocker. Normal development activity can
>>>> continue on trunk and branch-2, and doesn't need to be committed to the
>>>> alpha2 branch.
>>>>
>>>> Since we still have some significant code to wrap up (Tomcat->Jetty
>>>> conversion, EC work, rolling upgrade compatibility), it's likely there
>> will
>>>> also be an alpha3 before we freeze for beta1. I've updated the Hadoop 3
>>>> wiki page [1] to reflect this.
>>>>
>>>> Thanks,
>>>> Andrew
>>>>
>>>> [1]: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/HADOOP/Hado
>>>> op+3.0.0+release
>>>>
>>>> On Mon, Oct 17, 2016 at 1:57 PM, Andrew Wang <[hidden email]>
>>>> wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> Hi folks,
>>>>>
>>>>> It's been a month since 3.0.0-alpha1, and we've been incorporating
>> fixes
>>>>> based on downstream feedback. Thus, it's getting to be time for
>>>>> 3.0.0-alpha2. I'm using this JIRA query to track open issues:
>>>>>
>>>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20in%20(H
>>>>> ADOOP%2C%20HDFS%2C%20MAPREDUCE%2C%20YARN)%20AND%20%22Target%
>>>>> 20Version%2Fs%22%20in%20(3.0.0-alpha2%2C%203.0.0-beta1%2C%
>>>>> 202.8.0)%20AND%20statusCategory%20not%20in%20(Complete)%
>>>>> 20ORDER%20BY%20priority
>>>>>
>>>>> If alpha2 goes well, we can declare feature freeze, cut branch-3, and
>>>>> move onto beta1. My plan for the 3.0.0 release timeline looks like
>> this:
>>>>>
>>>>> * alpha2 in early November
>>>>> * beta1 in early Jan
>>>>> * GA in early March
>>>>>
>>>>> I'd appreciate everyone's help in resolving blocker and critical issues
>>>>> on the above JIRA search.
>>>>>
>>>>> Thanks,
>>>>> Andrew
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>
>

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [hidden email]
For additional commands, e-mail: [hidden email]